APC40 GrandMA2 and MIDIMonster integration

I usually use Bome, but there are several problems for full feedback from the GrandMA2. The first problem is that even with the help of the Lua, not how to get the status on/off from assigned effect of executor. Also, with the help of Lua, do not receive feedback from faders.
The midiMonster, which I found on githab, coped with this task. It allows you to use a web remot for the grandMA2. Using a pair of midi and a web remote is a good result. But MidiMonster does not know how to process raw midi messages or I did not find it. midiMonster also does not work with Bome. And I am looking for another way to change the mode on my apc40 mk2.

Maybe this can be done with a series of common notes or something else.

Hi, maybe I’m not seeing the issue. You can route both MIDIMonster MIDI, and APC40 through Bome MIDI Translator Pro Separately. And the use Bome Virtual Ports to talk MIDI with GMA2, and MIDIMonstor. You can create separate streams for each in Bome MIDI Translator Pro,

I’m creating a new thread for this topic since this is now about GMA2, MIDI Monster and APC40 which is beyond the scope of the original topic.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thank you for trying to help.
Basically i just need a way to change mode in my apc40 mk2 without using raw midi messages.
I could solve this using bome. But, when i launch the bome and then the midimonster the midimonster crashes. When i launch the midimonster and then the bome the bome doesn’t respond to any incoming messages. These two translators are in conflict with each other. So in this situation I have to use one.

That’s why I asked if I can change the mode of aps40 mk2 without using raw message?

As far as I know, you cannot. You would have to talk to Akaipro. I still think there would be a way to make MIDIMonstor and Bome MIDI Translator Pro to coorperate. They just have to use different MIDI ports.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Too bad!

It would be fantastic. But I did not find such settings either in midiMonster or in bome. I’m sure I’m going to say something stupid, but it looks like they’re in conflict with how they operate. It’s not even about the ports.

Thanks anyway for trying to help.

For now, you would have to

1. Make sure MIDIMonster is not running
  2. Start up MT Pro with a script to set the APC40 MK
  3. Close MT Pro
  4. Startup MIDI Monster.

Or with a scripting language on your computer, maybe you can automate that.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Yes, I already tried that. It’s just not convenient.

Bome for some reason does not see any ports from the midiMonster. But you helped me a lot, pushed me to a solution. They both see a loopMidi. Left to experiment. Once again thank you very much!

Let us know if you find a better solution.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi @hiyzgul ,

I was just looking at MIDIMonster. If you can share your .cfg file, then I might be able to help.

I think you might just need to select a different input on your input MIDI instance.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care