APC40 MK2 and Synesthesia Live

Hi there,

Total new guy here…

I’m trying to map my APC40 MK2 to Synesthesia Live. I can’t get the led pads to light up and stay lit when pressed. Or change colour.

All that happens when I assign them to a control is that they turn green when being pressed.

Will Midi Translator help with doing this sort of mapping?

Anyone have any pointers on how I go about doing it?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

If Synesthesia Live does not provide MIDI feedback, you can use Bome MIDI Translator Pro do it for you. The attached file is a demo of setting light colors. It is just a demo to help you get started.

• Preset 0 translator 0 (aka translator 0.0) will start a one shot timer ‘Init’ when the project is opened. It triggers translators 0.2, 0.3 and 0.4.

• Translator 0.2 initializes all global variables in the project. When I assign new global variables, I always document them here so that I don’t forget what I’m using.

• Translator 0.3 starts a repeating timer that will iterate through all of the matrix LED buttons on your APC-40 turning them on with different colors (more on this later).

• Translator 0.4 sends a special SysEX message to the APC-40 to put the bottom row buttons (under the matrix buttons) in momentary mode. I usually like to do this so that I have more control of the LED’s on that row.

• Translator 0.1 is just an alternate way to re-initiate the project. It sets the same ‘Init’ timer as translator 0.1. This way with a keystroke, you can return to a ‘known’ state.

• Translator 1.0 allows your crossfader to choos a different color. The color you pick will show on one button.

• Translator 1.1 will start a timer to set all of the matrix colors in the color you chose. Again it iterates through the matrix

• I can’t remember what Translator 1.2 does, but it looks like it must set the flash state. I don’t have my APC-40 MKII set up right now.

• Translator 1.3 is the timer ‘Set All’ triggered by either translators 0.3, 1.1 or 1.2. It iterates through the matrix setting colors.

There are rules in many of these translators that control the behavior. I suggest you study them to get an understanding of what is going on.

You will need to set up your aliases to use this project. Again, mine are not set up because I don’t currently have my controller attached.

You can learn more about aliases from this tutorial.

APC40MK2- Button-Lighting-a.bmtp (2.8 KB)

Good luck!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thank you so much for your reply.

Will the free version of Bome Translator do this aswell?

I’m very new to this so would like to see if I can get on with it before purchasing.

If you mean the ‘Classic’ version then no. If you mean the free trial version, then yes, but the trial version times out every 20 minutes.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz