Apc40 mk2 footswitch on ableton 11

Hello there! I’ve been trying for a few hours to suppress/choke the foot switch command (session rec) from the control surface of my APC40mk2, but with no success. Anyone has a clue how to do that?

what I want? I’ve readdress the CC (was CC 64, Ch1) from the FS to CC88 ch1 (that worked just fine inside Bome/Ableton) but every time I press the FS, it triggers the session rec too (control surface command). I would to keep the control surface mapping…

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

My guess is that you have a MIDI thru route which is passing the original message.

It is important to know that if you use ‘Swallow’ within a translator, it will only work if the translator executes it’s outgoing action or the outgoing action is ‘None’.

You may need to put a ‘blocking translator’ that uses CC 64 as input and has an output of None so that the original MIDI message is blocked.

For this reason, I often opt out of using any MIDI THRU routes an do everything in translators instead. Of course if you want your SysEX to get through, you often need the MIDI thru route.

If you post your project, I can likely find and demonstrate where it needs adjusting.

APC 23 V1.bmtp (1.3 KB)

I don’t know if I understand that… but I don’t think that I had set up a midi thru.

thank you for your reply!

Your project looks OK, but how to you have Ableton Live set up for MIDI inputs and outputs?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

OK, so you are also monitoring the messages coming from your APC40 directly. If you want to block them, you need to only Monitor your Bome MIDI Translator Port. And then put MIDI thru paths in your project.

Then put the ‘Swallow’ option the translators.

Finally, you need to have Ableton Live only monitor the Virtual Ports.

By accessing your APC-40 directly you were completely bypassing the translator and letting both the original message and the new message get through.

Here are how I have my aliases set up in MT Pro.

You can learn more about aliases from this tutorial.

Here is how I have device selection in the apc preset.

For more information about device selection, see this tutorial.

And the modified project file.
APC 23 V1-sjc.bmtp (1.5 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

STEVE, IT WORKED! Thank you very much. I did some changes on the project file (turned the CC into midi notes, cause otherwise it was not really workin…). Here it is:

thank you again!
APC 23 V1-sjc EDIT.bmtp (1.6 KB)

1 Like