APC40 Note On/Off -> Bome -> Momentary Trigger

So I landed on this forum - and I can’t quite figure it out.
I got some screenshots below - I have a midi button on my APC40, for some reason I noticed it sends midi on messages twice (for two presses) then sends a midi off (for the third time)

I also have communication from Ableton to Bome turned off ( no remote messages send to Bome and therefore none eventually to APC40)

I’m eventually just trying to get this note to send momentary on and off so that when I press it and hold it down it can turn on, and when I let go, it turns off.

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

By default the APC-40 will be in Mode 0 which makes all select buttons toggle instead of momentary. It also alters the behavior of the bank right button to the selected channel.

To make the button (and all other buttons on the APC-40) momentary, you need to send it the following message for Mode 2.

F0 47 7F 73 60 00 04 42 08 01 01 F7

40 is mode 0, 41 is mode 1 and 42 is mode 2.

I set so that this message will be sent at project start or when pressing Ctrl(Right)
See translators 0.0, 0.1 and 0.3. The outgoing message on translator 0.3.

I disabled the translator in preset 1 since you don’t need to translate anything. The MIDI thru paths are in tact so the message from your controller will pass through Ableton Live untouched.

I have my aliases set up as follows (as I have a MKII).

You can learn more about aliases from this tutorial.

I set the preset 1 default inputs and output ports as follows so that any translators within preset 1 will only effect MIDI coming from the APC40 to Ableton Live.

For more information about device selection, see this tutorial.

MIDI through paths are as follows:

Here is the updated project file.
APC-40-MK1-Mode2.bmtp (2.5 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz