Arturia Davinci Resolve Preset

Hi !

Soo I’m completely new to any of this, I don’t know anything about Programming. I just spend hours trying to import the preset I’ve made, for my Beststep on Bome, in Davinci Resolve, but Davinci resolve doesn’t even recognise it. Nothing pop’s up. I watched a few video’s on how Bome works, but I can’t find why Davinci resolve doesn’t recognise the presets…

Does anyone know how to fix this ? I literally don’t know what I’m talking about, so I don’t know if I make any sense…

Thank you !

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

Well from your screen shot it looks like you will be converting to keystroke output. Is this correct. Perhaps if you posted where you are with your Bome MIDI Translator Project file, we can look at it and determine how far along you are. Maybe an example of one thing you are trying to get working.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thank you for your quick answer !
I’m at the very beginning. I’ve tried a few things.

But to start I wanted to see If I can have a button to play and pause, and I wanted to set up a jog wheel.

*I saw my mistake at jogwheel right with the text instead of keystroke

I can’t test anything because I can’t figure out why when I import the project as txt, Davinci Resolve doesn’t do anything

You cannot import a project as text using MT Pro, you will need to open a ‘.bmtp’ project file instead.

Davinci Resolve will need to have focus for the outgoing keystrokes to work.

In the attached file, I have set up to have any 3 byte message to focus on notepad.exe (since I don’t have Davinci Resolve Loaded on my PC). If you have Resove running you can change the outgoing action for Davinci Resolve instead. This is done by the first translator.
The other 3 translators send keystrokes with a delay of 20msec to allow the application focus to finish.

You will need to

1. Assign the alias ‘My Controller’ to your Arturia Beatstep
  1. Set up your knob on Arturia Beatstep as a relative encoder. Right turn should output a value of 1 and left turn a value of 127 (0x7f).
  2. Change the first translator to focus on Davinci Resolve instead of notepad

You can learn more about aliases from this tutorial.

Give it a try.

MIDI-to-Key-Beatstep.bmtp (1.4 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thank you very much for your help. I’m struggling a bit. I think i’ll try to learn a bit about the subject.
I don’t know were to start really, as I don’t have any experience in coding or anything.

I’ll rewatch your videos and read the whole manual :rofl::man_shrugging:t5:

Yes, we have all been there before. Reach out if you need more help.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care