Atom and Atom SQ conflict in Studio One

Hi,
I’m trying to use BONE to connect 2 devices at the same time (Presonus Atom and Presonus Atom SQ).
Everything works fine if both are used in midi mode, but there is some conflict between them when are used in Studio One mode.
If I connect them directly to Studio One, both are using dedicated mapping for this DAW, but if are connected thru BOME only one of them is mapped and second is switching to midi mode.
How to get both to use S1 mode at the same time?

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

My guess is that you need each of them talk to a different MIDI port. Is there a reason, you are not connecting them both directly to Studio using their own respective device port? What is the purpose of using Bome MIDI Translator Pro here?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi, thanks for so quick answer.
I want ro use Bome to remapping sone buttons.

Well if for the most part things work without MT Pro you would do this.

1. Have Studio One talk to virtual ports BMT 1 and BMT 2 instead of directly to your controllers.
  2. Setup MIDI through routes from your controllers to and from BMT 1 and BMT 2

At this point you should have everything working just as though they were directly connected.

1. Add translators for any mappings you want. Make sure that the translators have the ‘swallow’ option set so that the MIDI doesn’t go through the MIDI thru path.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi,
I’ve chceked it today morning to answer to you and everything works as expected. I didn’t change enything, but now it works.
I have it configured as below:

1. Studio One receive from Bome Midi Translator 1 / Bome Midi Translator 2
  2. Studio One send to Bome Midi Translator 1 / Bome Midi Translator 2
  3. Swallow option selected for translators

I will spent more time with it tomorrow evening and will let you know if find why it was not working before.

Thanks

Your issue may have had something to do with device selection or your translators.
This is a common issue of not done correctly.

For more information about device selection, see this tutorial.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care