So I’m trying to avoid a huge amount of work making translators. First, I’ll explain how this project works:
The goal of this template is to have control over which parameters are linked to which knobs on my Midi Fighter Twister, in conjunction with my Launchpad Mini.
I've split the MFT into 3 sections:
Global Knobs - Top row: Green, Yellow, Orange & Red knobs control all enabled parameters, represented by the color of the associated pad on the Launchpad.
Local Knobs - Middle 2 rows: These knobs represent different parameters based on what column/row menu Launchpad buttons are pressed. If none are pressed, they represent "Master" parameters, which route straight to the DAW. LEDs match color of global knob linked. If no knobs are linked, they are blue. These knobs will still control a parameter, even if it is linked with a global knob.
The behavior of each pad depends on the "mode" of the row it is in:
Green - Toggle: Press on, Press off
Yellow - Momentary: Flips on/off when pressed, flips again on release.
Orange - Solo: Press a pad, the rest in the same row turn off. You can press multiple pads simultaneously. All pads will return to their original state upon release.
Red - Lock: I'm not sure if I'll use this for something yet, so for now it just locks the row from triggering. I can still assign pads to different knobs though.
Part of my idea was to create banks of parameters that I can browse through to assign parameters to their own locations. This would allow me to recall entire presets of button & parameter arrangements with the press of a button, all without interrupting playback in FL Studio. (the only way to change the knob a parameter is linked to is to unlink it and then relink it, which may interrupt the plugin)
At first I was concerned with my remaining global variables, so I learned how to use the bit operators to hold all 64 toggle values into 2 global variables. Worked out well so I just started making the translators for the parameter banks.
I created all the translators for a couple parameters and then realized that I’d have to make a MASSIVE amount of translators to achieve the bank system I want...considering that BMT is the only bit of programming experience I have, I bet there’s a better way to go about this that I’m not seeing.
I’ve attached my project if you want to take a look.
If anyone has any questions just let me know!