Avoid Midi Aliases to be created

Hello,
Can somebody illuminate please on how to avoid Midi Aliases being created on startup of midi-translator. I keep deleting them from the Specific Ports… tab but they just come back.
Also: every time on startup, I am being asked in a popup window that opens, where I want to assign some of my controllers, which are already assigned.
I am sure I am missing on something basic here. All the more thanks for a quick hint at what I need to do here.
greetings

Midi Aliases are created if you open a project file that has them defined. If you have a hardware port with the same name as the alias, then it will use that hardware port. Otherwise, it will assume the missing port is an alias and ask you to assign it to a hardware port. If you don’t want this, you must open the project file that has the alias and go through each preset, translator and MIDI thru path that uses the alias and then use the hardware port name instead. Once the project file has no aliases assigned anywhere, the aliases can safely be removed, however if you go an open another project file with that alias used, you will be prompted again for the alias assignment.

For me, I almost exclusively use aliases and never hardware port names as it makes the project more flexible if I move ports around. I just re-assign the alias and all of my presets, translators and thru paths align with the aliases that I use.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Oh, and if you don’t want to be prompted for the same alias name again, you can always check “None - Don’t ask again” and you shouldn’t get prompted any more for that particular alias even if it is defined in your project file. Of course, the project may not work correctly however you still have routing to or from those aliases.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz