Bare Conductive controller translated for Strymon pedals

Hello, i have set up a Translator project that translates the RAW MIDI messages coming from my Bare Conductive Touchboard into specific Note On messages that controll the Strymon Timeline looper function. This setup works however only if i open the Log Window in the MIDI Translator Pro. If i close it, it doesn’t seem to send the right messages, however it does send something, because i can see the MIDI Out led blinking on my RME UFX. I want to use this translator code with my BomeBox, without having a computer with me, but after several trys and modifications in the paths, it didn’t work with the BomeBox. At the moment the only functional setup is Touchboard USB > PC > MIDI Translator (with open log window) > RME UFX MIDI Out (DIN) > Strymon Timeline. I did trie to send the commands via RAW MIDI on the translators output (the Timeline works normally with those aswell) but it didn’t do anything, except sending some message. I will be really thankfull for any good advice! Roland

Hi, could you send or post your project file. I will be happy to look at it and make recommendations.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi Steve, thanks for your reply. I decided to reset everything and make a completely new project from scratcht. Now it seems to work fine and i’m happy with the results! :slight_smile:

@roland-heidrich, your project seems very interesting! I also have a bare conductive controller, just haven’t done anything with it… How are you using it?

@florian, i run a generic MIDI controller on the Touchboard and made myself a phisical layout of a foot/touch controller. The MIDI Translator Pro and the BomeBox comes in to translate and add more complex MIDI codes that controll my pedals on the pedalboard. I really like the flexibility of both systems, both help me to realise long desired ideas, that are beyond standard solutions.

1 Like

@roland-heidrich , Glad you got it working!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz