Beginner Question: Does Bome MT Pro operate only when in front?

Hi there,

I bought Bome MT to use my Macbook Pro keyboard for controlling a video mixing / VJ software via keystrokes. It was super easy to setup the keystrokes and I am able to control the software with the intended keys on my laptop which is great.

However, here is my problem and question:

Everything works well when MT Pro is active and in the front. Once I leave MT and switch to another app, let’s say I open an email, click on the desktop - or I mouseover the VJ software (fullscreen), MT stops sending keystrokes to MIDI out (and everything else seems to be inactive too - the indicator lights in the event monitor don’t blink anymore when I hit the assigned keys). When I click on the MT Pro app window again everything is back to normal and it recognizes keystrokes and sends MIDI.

So my question is: Can MT Pro receive keystrokes and send MIDI when it’s not in front? Is there a setting to tell MT Pro to send MIDI when a key is pressed no matter what – also when another app is active? I want project and preset to be running at all times.

Thanks for your help,
Alex

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

Yes, in fact it generally doesn’t receive keystrokes when in front and otherwise will receive them. This is a settings in the options menu. Keep in mind that any incoming keystrokes on your system will not be suppressed (the operating system will still see the keystroke).

The only thing I can figure is perhaps you are closing MT Pro instead of minimizing it.

Maybe you can tell me what software you are using and post the project file to see if there is something else missing.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi Steve,

Thank you. I changed the options and re-programmed everything from scratch and it now works w/o any issues.

Alex

Hi,

I’m glad it is working now!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz