Behringer X-Touch Extender Temporary Buttons

Hello, after contacting Behringer they said the X-Touch Editor which allows you to edit buttons on the compact and full size from toggle to temporary does not exist for the Extender. Is there a way in Bome to get around this problem or not? I 'm using a Bome file I found here with decent success but don't know if what I'm asking is possible.

Well, I imagine the X-touch extender is simply running Mackie MCU protocol since it has no editor (I couldn't find the documentation). By definitional, all buttons are already momentary and it is up to the DAW to turn them to toggle.

The MIDI section of the below documentation should help show you what a Mackie MCU sends and receives. For buttons and their associated LED's start on page 119.

https://images.thomann.de/pics/prod/151261_manual.pdf

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Actually I should also mention I’m using MAonPC with the X-Touch Extender. Currently my setup is
INCOMING: MIDI 90 18 00
OUTGOING: 90 18 PP
RULES: gd=gd^1
if gd==1 then pp=127
if gd==0 then pp=0
And swallow MIDI messages
Currently everything works as intended except that I want to change to temporary, also I’m not super savvy with MIDI programming but I would love some introductory content if you can point me to it.

Actually I should also mention I’m using MAonPC with the X-Touch Extender. Currently my setup is

INCOMING: MIDI 90 18 00

OUTGOING: 90 18 PP RULES: gd=gd^1 if gd==1 then pp=127 if gd==0 then pp=0

And swallow MIDI messages

Currently everything works as intended except that I want to change to temporary, also I’m not super savvy with MIDI programming but I would love some introductory content if you can point me to it.

Take out the rules and make it:

Incoming: 90 18 qq

Outgoing: 90 18 qq

Then it will be momentary. 0x18 is select Track 1.

By default all Mackie buttons are momentary and the rules that you had is what made it toggle.

We have a ton of tutorials and if you press F1 or help withing Bome MIDI Translator Pro, you will see the user manual in PDF format.

MIDI.org is a great resource for learning MIDI and it is free to join. This link is a quick reference table summary of MIDI messages.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Steve, thank you so much that worked perfectly! I’ll check out the tutorials cause now I’ve gotta figure out what to do with these knobs that only work at 1 or 127 but not in between.

GrandMA only accepts notes so the below tutorial might help.

CC to Note

This one is specific to getting GrandMA working.

GrandMA

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

Steve, you’re the man thank you sir. I’ll check out these tutorials and see if I can figure out the rest myself.