Behringer X-touch - Mackie Control mode- Touch Fader selects track

Hey guys, It was driving me nuts that I couldn’t select track on fader touch with Mackie control mode on the Behringer X-Touch So I made a super simple solution.
I’m running Ableton 11 suite, but that shouldn’t matter.

Working on a mode shift “Selected Track ~ Fader to Track height” preset for Ableton as well if that is something anybody is interested in.

Behringer X-touch - Mackie Control mode- Touch Fader selects track.bmtp (1.3 KB)

Nice, I made a few changes.

1. I created aliases for my devices and at the preset level assigned the input and output devices.
    See this tutorial on aliases.
    And this tutorial about device assignment.
  2. I disabled your preset and created a new one that handles all 8 tracks with one translator. See the rules of the translator I created.
  3. I created default MIDI routings between the X-touch and Cubase.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

awesome Steve! Could you share that translater?

Whoops, I thought I posted it. I will post it tomorrow.

Steve

Here is the modified project file as promised.
Behringer X-touch - Mackie Control mode- Touch Fader selects track-sjc.bmtp (1.8 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

Ok, one last thing, that may be Ableton specific. But how would I go about doing the same thing with the master Fader? there’s no “Select” button on the x-touch, so i can’t find the midi message by monitoring it, but this would also be extremely helpful. Any help is always appreciated. Thanks Steve! you d,man.!

Right, there is no select for the master fader as it is always active. Just move it, but Ableton Live will not highlight the master fader track like it does the others.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care