BMT Not Working

Hello! I’m having an issue that I can’t seem to figure out. I stream on Twitch and, through BMT, use my piano controller to play games, display a piano visualizer as well as control Ableton for sound effects all at once. I have all aliases and translations set up. Everything was working just fine two days ago. I go to set up everything today and all the programs are not picking up my piano controller (I’m using a Nord Electro 6D).

This has briefly happened in the past. Sometimes just closing BMT and relaunching fixes the issue. Today, I’ve done that multiple times but to no avail. When I look at the event monitor, it doesn’t seem to be reading my Nord when normally it does.

Does anyone have any solutions or troubleshooting ideas that I can try out? Thanks in advance!

Hi,
Are you on a Windows platform? If so, Windows only allows one program to access a MIDI device at a given time. Please shut down all MIDI enabled programs. Then start MT Pro first to see if you can see data from your Nord. If you can, then one of the other programs you are running are likely trying to access your Nord as well and usually the first application that opens the port wins. If you need multiple applications to access your same device use Bome MIDI Translator Pro Virtual Ports and MIDI router to allow each application it’s own virtual MIDI port.

Most applications are notorious for trying to access all available MIDI ports unless you uncheck them. I’ve had this problem with both Ableton Live and Gig Performer and occasionally other MIDI enabled applications.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks for the reply! I did what you said and found that Bome was still not reading my keyboard… That is when I embarrassingly discovered that my wire somehow came unplugged… :sweat_smile:

Now everything works fine and at least it wasn’t anything too in depth. Thanks for your help!

Note to self, check to see if your wires are connected before posting on a forum lol

1 Like

Glad you got it working!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz