BMTP freezing/crashing

Since I have updated to 1,9,1 build 1060 the app is unstable.

It freezes randomly when I save the project.

And it crashes everytime I type something in the rules window.

My workaround for rules is typing the code in textedit and then paste it in rules. No chrashes if I do this.

I have reinstalled BMTP 1,9,1 1060, but the problem is not fixed.

What should I do?

Thanks.

Hi,

I’m sorry you are having problems! Please see the instructions in this thread for sending a crash dump, then we should be able to look into it.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

There is no file in Diagnostic reports for the crash.
I have saved the txt file for the freezing. Instructions says to send it by email. Do you know the address for sending it?

Thanks for your help, Steve

contact-form@bome.com will work.

You also might make sure these options are checked on in MT Pro.

Checking or unchecking these options doesn’t change nothing.

The freezing/crashing keeps whatever I check or uncheck in preferences/options.

Hi Jordi, thanks for the freeze report. Do you know what you did exactly when this freeze occurred?

Also, regarding the crash when entering something in the Rules editor, maybe the crash reports are saved somewhere else? Does it show a window ‘this app has crashed, do you want to restart it?’ or something to that effect?
From here:

To find the crash files, you can run Console app which will display all the system messages. If any specific application crashed, look in User Reports. (…) Once you have found the crash file, you can Reveal in Finder (usually located in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports).

Thanks!
Florian

After updating to BMTP 1.9.1 build 1060 from BMTP 1.9.1 build 1057, a lot of actions causes the freezing of BMTP:

• remove several presets together
  • add 1 translator
  • type the name in the translator options/translator name
  • type in the rules section (sometimes it freezes the app, sometimes it crashes the app)

Probably there are other actions that I don’t remember, but in general the app freezes due basic functions, as you can see.

The crash reports should be where you say, but there is nothing there for BMTP,. There are reports for other apps, but not for BMTP.
When the app crashes, there is no window and no pop-up.

I have reinstalled version 1.9.1 build 1057 and everything works like a charm. I think the big difference is that the new version don’t use rosetta, isn’t it? Maybe this could be the key of the problems I am experiencing?

Oh no, that sounds like a big problem indeed! There are a few invisible changes from 1057 to 1060, too. But it’s absolutely safe to keep on using 1057 for now.

Regarding your freezes and crashes, we cannot reproduce any of them on our Native Silicon Macs. And we don’t have any other reports, so anything you can provide to us is great help. The freeze dump you’ve sent me does not show any particular problem, unfortunately! It does seem like there is a constant flow of MIDI input, but also that should not be a problem.

However, it would be great if you could let MT Pro freeze from different actions (what you listed above), and collect the freeze dump, noting which dump was caused by which action. If you could create 2 or 3 dumps like that, with the action that caused it, I hope it will tell us what’s causing these problems.

I know I’m asking for a lot here, but at this time it’s the only thing that could help us fix it.

Thanks,
Florian

Yes, mackie protocol from Totalmix and from Cubase. It has been the same scenario for 1,9,1 build 1057 and previous versions. Never had problems until 1,9,1 build 1060.

Yes, I can do it in the following days, no problem.
But please teach me what steps I must follow to collect the freeze dump after doing every freezing action.
Thanks.
Jordi

What I mean is Sample Process from Activity Monitor. The same what you have done, but from different actions that caused the freeze, and with your explanation which sample (‘freeze dump’) was created from which action. Does that make sense?
Thanks!

Ok, I will do it and send all files by email asap.