Bome midi has stopped working

Hi after I updated my DAW Ableton Live 11 to version 12 I have lost all connectivity to my Yamaha 01v96i, I also have a Bome Error(012): cannot open project file: /Users/smurff/Downloads/DM2000HUI-to-Ableton-Live-Mackie-2023-04-09gee.bmtp

any help or advice would great thanks.

Hi, I’m sorry you are having problems!

Try closing Ableton Live first. Then start up Bome MIDI Translator Pro. Then go back to Ableton Live and ensure that your controller is not selected for input or output and make sure you are using Virtual MIDI ports instead.

If that doesn’t work, then please see this post on instruction on sending a crash dump.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Also, have you checked if the project file is still there? If not, do you have a backup copy of it somewhere?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

it does give me an error that a file is missing, im not sure what you mean by saying project file? I have bome midi set to open when computer boots, then I start the Yamaha 01v96i and then Ableton Live. the pictures are my midi settings.

Input:

Output:

Bome midi settings

In Finder does this project file exist?

/Users/smurff/Downloads/DM2000HUI-to-Ableton-Live-Mackie-2023-04-09gee.bmtp

If not, maybe it got deleted or moved. Check to see where else it may have been moved.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

no its seems to be missing

See if it is your trash or do a search to see where you may have put it. Do you do backups or are you running timemachine?

I run Time Machine, I will search there, Its not in the bin or any where on my computer as I’ve searched.

I can’t find it on any of my previous backups, that’s very strange as it was working prior to update, last time I used it in remote mode was last year just after Christmas and it worked fine.

so that missing file is my issue, can I get that file and replace it or do I have to reconfigure bome midi and Ableton from scratch again?

Where did you get the original file from?

I really don’t know, I brought bome midi and someone on this forum helped me install and configure it, I really can’t remember having a file in my downloads that was a part of the software.

I think DM200 is a digital mixer also by Yamaha, I have a 01v96i.

It may have been me. If you can find the post on the forum, maybe we could find it.

I just clicked save project in bome midi and it created that file in my downloads, I rebooted bome and I don’t have error message any longer but its still kicking back my faders when I try and move them.

I found the old forum post in my post listings, yes it was you Steve who helped me.

Could you point me to the original post with the project file?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Try this version. Set up your aliases as follows.

BMT1 will be Mackie MCU in Ableton
BMD2 and BMT3 will be Mackie MCU Extenders.

DM2000HUI-to-Ableton-Live-Mackie-2024-03-16.bmtp (159.7 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

yes its working but only channels 1 to 8, 9 to 16 doesn’t seem to be working.

It is working for me.

Here are my aliases in MT Pro

And Ableton Setup

Other than aliases, I did not change anything in the File I sent you. Make sure in Ableton Live you don’t have anything accessing your controller directly rather only from the Bome MIDI Translator Virtual Ports.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thank you Steve, its all working again, I had to select bmt2 in settings in Ableton.
Also is it possible for me to move that DM200 file to another safe location and open it up from there instead of my downloads folder?

I’ve moved the file to a safer location and it working perfect, thanks again Steve.