Bome Network Cached Device Names?

I am using Bome Network and it appears to me that Bome Network will take the names of devices coming in on an IP address and then save that info for future connections. The problem is that I have changed the names of those devices in my router for better identification, but it seems that when Bome Network sees the device coming in at the same reserved IP address it wants to identify that device with the OLD name it had originally. I want Bome Network to show the NEW name as it appears in the reserved IP addresses in the router.

Does Bome Network cache the names somewhere? How can I clear or reset the OLD device names that Bome Network is attaching to the devices with the new names but the same IP address? Using the “FORGET” feature does not seem to work.

Hi the MIDI port name of the main port is the Computer Name (or BomeBox name if a BomeBox).

For Remote Direct MIDI, the name is the computer name, followed by a colon then the port name assigned but the remote machine.

It is possible that if you change the name of the computer (or BomeBox) you may have to restart your network for it to recognize the new name. The old name may be there but shown as unavailable in which case you can tell Bome Network to forget the name that is no longer in use.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thank you for your explanation. Upon further investigation, it appears you can change the name of the computer by typing in another name in the Bome Network Settings under “Network Name”. Is that correct?
That will then override the actual computer name and the override name will now show up in the connections area.

Thanks.

Maybe, I haven’t tried that but if it works for your, that is good! I usually just stick with the name that the computer (or BomeBox) reports.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz