Bome Network Device Double Listings

I have a question about the listed devices for connection in Bome Network. Bome Network will list my 3 laptop computers twice with slightly different changes to the name.

As an example of these two:
‘Edge-Macbook-2’ and ‘edge-macbook-2’ are listed (same computer different names)
‘Chris-MacBook-Pro 2021’ and ‘chris-mbp-2021’ are listed (same computer different names)

One will be in upper case and the other in lower case. One will be available for connection and the other will be pending or not reachable.

Is one wifi and the other direct connection? I can’t seem to be sure and would like to know if there is an explanation for that.

Thank you.

Hi and welcome back!

Yes, it is usually not good to have both a WiFi and ethernet connection to the same computer using the same network as software will often get confused on which connection to use.

Bome Network Pro uses self discovery for computers or BomeBox on the same network. I think there is a feature which allows you to choose which connection to use but I have never tested it because I always use either WiFi or ethernet but not both. I suggest you turn one off and leave the other on. In the meantime, I will reach out to our developer for help on how to use the feature of choosing which network connection you want to use if you are using both WiFi and ethernet.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

If an entry is pending, it will stay visible in Bome Network, no matter if the corresponding device is long gone or renamed. You can click the Remove button to remove the entry.

If that doesn’t help, can you please post a screenshot of the main window, and of the detail screens for the 4 devices (click the right arrow on an entry to get to the detail screen)? Thanks a lot!

Otherwise, do you have any idea where these different names could come from?