Bome Network Startup

Greetings,

I have the Unlimited Port version of the program. I have just updated to version 1.4. Now, when I start my system, the UI opens on my desktop. This did not occur in previous versions. I must be missing something here. I would like the program to open minimized to the tray, just as before.

Can you help me out?

Thanks,
Graham

Are you on Windows or on Mac? I’m not seeing that problem and I have the same version. Maybe there is something else launching the UI. I’ll do further checking, however.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hey Steve,

Am using Windows 10 20H2

Thanks

OK, check your startup folder. If you have it there then either delete it or in the Bome Network tool disable auto startup in settings. If Bome Network is invoked and already running the UI will come up.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi gderreck, the intended way is that upon reboot, it shows the window if it was visible when shutting down. Otherwise, if it was hidden in the tray when shutting down, it should also start-up in the tray.

Yes, good catch @FlorianBome. I never leave Bome Network window open when shutting down so I would never see this.

Hi,

Sorry I took so long to reply. There were shortcuts for both Bome Network and MT in the Current User Startup Folder. When I deleted the shortcuts from the folder, both programs still ran at startup, but the GUIs didn’t open. So far, so good. However, in checking the app settings, neither app is set to start with Windows, but they do. Neither app shows in the Startup tab of Task Manager.

Thanks

No problem, any information to help us identify a problem is welcome!
I think in this case, you experience a Windows feature which we use in Bome Network now: when restarting the computer, Windows will restart such programs that were running when shutting down, even if they’re not in the Startup group.

To verify: make sure that Bome Network is not in any Startup group (SysInternals’ Autoruns is a more complete way to make sure), then exit Bome Network, then reboot the computer. Bome Network should not be started.

If you had multiple ways of starting Bome Network at startup, then the first one will launch it, and it will display in your preferred way (minimized). But when starting it a second time, it will show its window. We had added that feature because some users couldn’t find the program (it was “hidden” in the tray), and therefore tried to start it again. But then it would only stay in the tray, and the user thought that the program does not work…

Also make sure you don’t have anything that launches Bome Network Pro in these folders

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care