Bome not delivering to RTP Network Session

I have done this quite a few time and never had this problem. Inside of Bome it’s showing it’s be delivered, but when I spy on it with MIDI monitors not sending anything to that session.

I can spy on Bome and it is receiving.

The routing is Ableton>Bome Virtuial> RTP Master>RTP1>routed to RTP 4 which is connected to a Mac running Vista.

I am using a similar setup minus BOME for ProPresenter and it’s working fine.

I really feel like the trouble spot is between Bome and the network session.

And I have sone previous systems in this exact setup and never run into this.

OK you say Ableton > Bome Virtual > RTP Master

Is this part running on a PC or Mac? When you say Bome Virtual do you mean a Bome MIDI Translator Virtual Port or Bome Network Unlimited MIDI Port? What Bome Application are you using here?

On RTP4, you say a Mac running Vista. Are you using a Windows Vista Emulator on your Mac?

What application are you “spying” with and where in the chain are you connecting?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Midi translator Pro all computers are Mac including the one running Vista.

Vista - Like WIndows 8, 10 and 11 will only allow a MIDI port to be opened by one application at a time so if you are “spying” on the Vista machine, you need to redirect output to a different virtual port for what every application you are using to spy on the output.

If you are running Mac OS, this is a different story. You should be able to open up a given input on multiple apps at the same time.

If you think it is an RTP issue, then you should be able to troubleshoot by removing it from the overall path to see if things work without it.

Maybe if you can show me an exact configuration of what works (including the host OS platform, the applications and ports used) and do the same for what doesn’t work, we can get to the bottom of it. I assume since you are using RTP MIDI, you are not using Bome Network. I’m not sure if I can help if the issue is with RTP MIDI, however. In my experience on WIndows, it is a little tricky to set up.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz