BomeBox: Enable/Disable MIDI Routes

Hi there,

BomeBox allows to activate/deactivate MIDI routes via checkboxes in the browser interface, which can be very helpful.
Is it possible to address this function also via MIDI Translator project to be able to activate/deactivate routes specifically from a MIDI controller?
If not, what would be a simple and elegant alternate solution?

Thanks
Andy

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Currently static (MIDI thru) routes can be created as you say, with checkboxes or if the Bome Project file has the thru routes defined in the project , then they will be created when loading the project.

Although I’m not privy to the development schedule, I anticipate that sometime in the future, dynamically adding and deleting MIDI thru routes will be incorporated as part as the MT Pro project engine which runs on BomeBox, Windows and Mac.

@florian

Could you chime in with more information here?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi Steve

Meanwhile, I stumbled across your video tutorial “A remote controllable MIDI Switchboard using the BomeBox” on Youtube.

This is exactly what I was looking for.

Of course it would be handy to be able to simply switch existing static routes on and off in the future.

Thanks for your help!
Andy

Yes, handling dynamic routes through preset changes and translator is currently possible.
There may be limitations on various SysEx messages however but standard 1, 2 and 3 byte MIDI messages can work just fine using the method I posted.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

enabling, disabling, adding, and removing MIDI routes as outgoing action from within an MT Pro project is currently being beta tested. If you’d like to try that, let me know.
Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Florian,

I would guess he would also need new FW update to have it available on BomeBox. If not, let me know and I’ll do some testing there as well as on PC and Mac.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

once it’s stable in MT Pro Beta, it’ll be added to the BomeBox firmware, too.

Super! I’ll start tests today on my Windows machine and then with my Mac.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care