BomeBox + iConnectivity mioXM

Hi folks

Want to extend the bomebox with additional Midiports (USB+DIN). The only information I got, is to take something with MIDI USB class compliance.
I would like to take this one, which is class compliant : iConnectivity mioXM

Anyone using this as “port-expansion” for the Bome box? Any experience?

Best regards from Germany

Reinhard

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I don’t have the mioXM but I have an iConnectivityMIDI4+ which is a predecessor and it works just fine with BomeBox.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Dear Steve,

thx for your response.
2 additional questions regarding your environment.
Do you use the bomebox also Standalone with the midi4+ without a PC/Mac
Does you attached DIN and USB MIDI to your midi4+?

I’m not using it now but when I did, yes it was stand alone (no Computer) and yes it had both USB and MIDI DIN devices attached.

The reason I don’t use it anymore is because all but one of my attached devices are now USB MIDI and so I only need 1 MIDI DIN port which I can just use with BomeBox. I just use a simple USB powered hub for my MIDI USB connections. The iConnectivity 4+ just sits on my shelf and I only pull it down when helping other users with Bome Products when trying to duplicate or approximate their configuration setup.

In my opinion, the iConnectivity is now a bit of overkill since the BomeBox is so smart (with an MT Pro project running on it), I can configure the port routing, filtering and conversion with the project file running on the BomeBox. I originally purchased my icm4+ prior to having the BomeBox.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Dear Steve,

thx for further infos. May you check if you can use the USB Hub vor the USB devices and connecting the IC4+ to this Hub as well. If this work, indeed a cheaper solution would fit. That is important for me, as I have to connect more than 1 Midi Din Device
I do use actually a motu Express 128, but this device does not seems to be class compliant ;-(

best regards

Reinhard

Yes, I just connected via unpowered MIDI hub and also connected MIDI Fighter Twister to that hub and I can see all USB ports. I believe the icm4 is configured so that the MIDI DIN ports are exposed as 4 of these USB ports.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

I also have a recent consulting customer with a mioXM and he says it works well with BomeBox.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care