BomeBox network issue

I have an issue using Bome Network and maybe I don’t understand how it is supposed to work.

I have my devices plugged into the BomeBox (running 1.4.2)
On my MacBook, I am running Bome Network (1.3.2 beta)

I would like to be able to run a standalone VST on the Mac and let it be a midi output destination from the BomeBox via WiFi- In other words, I have a Midi keyboard attached to the BomeBox and want to use the keyboard to play the VST on the Mac.

I have configured the BomeBox WiFi to “client” mode and it is connected to my WiFi network, as is the Mac.

In the BomeBox web client, under the “Network MIDI” menu, I see the Mac and the status shows “pending”. On the Mac, Bome Network shows (in the “disconnect” menu), my BomeBox and “(authenticating)”.

Is there something I need to do to complete the “authenticating” step?

Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 12.07.17 PM

As a further update, I connected the BomeBox to the Mac using an ethernet cable and it is working as expected. So apparently, the issue is only with trying to use it over WiFi.

Hi,

It is best if you always initiate the connection in the same direction. If you get “authenticating” it might be that both your Mac and BomeBox are trying to initiate the connection. In either case, you can authenticate on BomeBox on the network MIDI screen.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Got it. Thanks Steve, it is working now on WiFi!

Great, thanks for the update!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz