BomeNet Multiple MIDI Streams?

Does BomeNet Pro support multiple MIDI streams from one computer to another computer?

I have multiple MIDI devices (at least 5) connected to my Mac Mini via USB. Also BMTP is installed on my Mac Mini (and I use it extensively for both MIDI translation and MIDI routing). I would like to be able to send MIDI data from custom MIDI Apps on my Windows Tablet (Apps that are not available for MacOS) to each of the devices connected to the Mac Mini. I have been successful at using Bome Net Pro to connect my Windows Tablet to the Mac Mini. However, I have not been able to access all 16 MIDI channels on 1 or more devices. Perhaps there is a configuration item to open multiple streams using Bome Net Pro that I have not seen.

On a somewhat related topic: I have noticed that there is a firmware update planned to have the BomeBox have the capability of multiple MIDI streams. If multiple MIDI streams is presently not available via Bome Net Pro, will this update to the BomeBox also include a similar update to Bome Net Pro?

Please advise.

Regards,
Gregory Richardson

Hi ,
Indeed there is a beta version of BomeNet Pro that you can download and it has what is called. Remote MIDI ports. Once connected, on the receiving device, you can click the information ICON and define which ports you want individual streams for. The have the name of the computer followed by the local device designation on the remote computer. So you will need to load this beta version on both your Windows and Mac MINI and then on you Mac MINI pick the streams you want to use.

You can find BomeNet Beta 1.3.3 here .

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Steve,

Thanks so much for your prompt response. I was pleasantly surprised to see that a new BomeNet Pro BETA version was release about a month ago! Bomes ROCKS!

Regards,
Gregory Richardson

Hi,

There is a chance this will expire prior to official release. If it does, then check back at the same links and a new Beta version will be made available.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz