Can't connect to BomeBox Network via phone

Hi I am having a touble figuring out why I can’t connect to the site with my phone.
At first it all worked flawlessly, but I tried to change some passwords and wifi name.
I couldn’t find the wifi so I did {serial}_reset_network.txt
Then I could see the wifi name (BomeBox), I can connect to it, but if I go to the Bome Network my browser just says I do not have access to this site.
I anybody could help I would be grateful. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

The WiFi (network) password and the BomeBox password are different.

By default, the WiFi password is blank and allows you to access the BomeBox SSID via any WiFi device that uses the same SSID. If your BomeBox is set up as a client, it will need to be whatever your current home network SSID password is. If your BomeBox WiFi is hotspot (the default), then you set the WiFi password on the BomeBox and access your BomeBox via its SSID (which will be the same as the BomeBox name). In essense, this password just enables your network and will not control access to the BomeBox password discussed next.

The BomeBox password allows you to log into your BomeBox (assuming you are already on the correct WiFi network). By default, this password is the serial number written on the bottom of the BomeBox. By doing a password reset, this is the password that is being changed back to the BomeBox serial number. Once you assign a different password, the serial number will no longer be the login password.

So network password (SSID password for the network), default is blank and can be changed back by network reset.
BomeBox password, (login password default serial number). To log into the web site and set by password reset.

I hope this helps!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi Steve, thank you for the incredibly fast response altough it didn’t answer my question fully.
I can connect to hotspot and everything but when I go to the network it doesn’t even show the log in page, it goes straight to “Cannot connect to this site”, so I dont even have a chance to try my network password.

Did you try refreshing your browser cache, trying a different browser, or going into private mode? Maybe your old password was cached.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Yes I have. Unfortunately nothing of that works.

Hi,

If you don’t even get prompted for your network password, your phone probably has it stored locally so you may have to forget the network name on your phone and then re-connect so that it prompts you for the network password.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hey, so I have tried a different phone and there’s still no success with it. Is it something with Proxy or something like that?

No, I don’t think so. Please do a network reset, and try again. Pay close attention to ensure the serial numbers of the file name is exact.

No letter oh “O” and use leading zero “0” instead.
File name extension of “.txt”. If windows has file names hidden, when you show them, they may show as “.txt.txt” which will not work.

Once you get network reset and are able to connect via network to BomeBox, then you can try a password reset again so that you can log in to your BomeBox.

I suspect somewhere along the line, you may have changed your network settings which caused problems. How are you trying to set up your network for the final configuration?

WiFi

1. WiFi Hotspot? (default)
  2. WiFi Access point?
  3. WiFi Client

Ethernet

1. Ethernet Master
  2. Ethernet Slave (Default)

Are you coming in through your home network WiFi SSID or will you be using BomeBox SSID?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Im using the BomeBox as hotspot for my phone. I tried to change some of the wifi settings because without the changes I could not even connect to the hotspot. And yeah I tried network reset like 3 times and I’m sure that I did everything right. Thanks

With the factory default, you should be able to connect to your BomeBox as a hotspot (not access point) via the SSID of the BomeBox with no password (default).

The IP address for the BomeBox as an access point is 192.168.153.1 and and it should be broadcasting the BomeBox name as the SSID. Are you at that point?

1. Do you see the SSID of your BomeBox with your phone?
  2. Can you connect to the network with your phone? (without logging into your BomeBox)
    If you can, do you get anything on your phone browser with the address shown above?

If nothing works here, then check the power light of your BomeBox and make sure it is on solid. If it is blinking, you may not have adequate power so maybe you are plugged in to a USB fast charging port instead of a regular USB power. USB charging ports sometimes do not provide consistent power by design so that they can charge things fast).

Let me know where you are at with this so far and we can move on to the next steps.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Do you think I can do something if I use reset password.txt?
(Made it reset password.txt for short)

If you are not getting to the network, this is not a password reset issue, it is a network reset issue and you need to create a file with the exact format shown below (without the braces) and put that on the thumb drive.
Do not also have the password reset file on the same thumb drive.

{serial}_reset_network.txt

When you plug in your thumb drive then power on your BomeBox, the power light should blink for a minute or two and then come on solid.

Once we get you connected to your network (and you can get a login page), we will deal with password reset if necessary).

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

One question. Can I have other files than just this text documents such as videos, images and audio files?

Yes, but only put one network reset or one password reset file with the serial number of your BomeBox on the thumb drive. If for some reason the reset does not work try another (smaller capacity is usually better) thumb drive.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hey Steve, sorry for taking so long to reply.
Could I send you a video of me explaining somewhere? Like email, discord whatever you use.

Sure, just send via email.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Its bome@sniz.biz right?

Right !

Ok all sent!! :slight_smile: