Can't route translated midi output to midi input for another translator

I used a translator patch to apply scaling/offset to a midi cc input and wanted to send SysEx messages with this modified cc data using another translator patch. However, even after tweaking every relevant setting I could find, I just cannot get bome midi pro to recognize its own output as input. Can someone help me through this? It is honestly so such a rudimentary feature that I would be pretty disappointed if it is not possible to do this in bome midi translator pro.

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

Bome Virtual Ports require that one end be MT Pro and the other end be anything but MT Pro. The design ensures that no more than one system call is required to pass MIDI data. For what you are doing, you will either need to pass variables from one translator to another using global variables, or to use the new Perform action of version 1.9.1. If you need to pass data through MIDI ports using a patch cable back to Bome MIDI Translator Pro, you will need to use anything besides Bome MIDI Translator Virtual Ports. There are several ‘virtual MIDI cable’ products available and some even for free.

If you show me your patch, I can probably recommend a way to make it work for you without virtual MIDI ports.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz