Capture MIDI and delay until CC note is sent

I’m experiencing an issue with Ableton Live - I need to send a PC message from a MIDI clip at a specific time in a song. However I am using Session view, which only allows the clip to be launched immediately - resulting in the PC message being sent too early.

In an attempt to find a workaround I wondered if it’s possible for BOME to capture this outgoing PC message and then send it when a CC message is sent to BOME. Effectively I need to delay the outgoing PC message by capturing it and then sending at a specified time. Any other workaround suggestions are welcome! Note that the PC message is changing preset on a Helix guitar effects processor, so I require several different PC messages to be sent.

Thanks

Sure,

See the attached.

The first translator takes the PC message and just sets the global variable “ga” to indicate the message is queued up (locked and loaded)/
Then when a CC 1, is pressed, the second translator sends the PC message but only if it is queued up (ga==1). Then it sets ga back to zero to get read for the next PC message.

You will need to alter the incoming message of the first translator to the PC message you want and the second translator for both the desired incoming CC message and the desired PC outgoing message.

If you are already using the global variable ga, pick another one and replace it in the rules sessions of both translators.

Delay-PC-with-CC-Message.bmtp (1.3 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks @SteveC !

Is there a way that BOME can capture the PC message dynamically? With the attached file I need to specify what the outgoing PC message is.

The problem is I am using this function with dozens of tracks that each have their own PC message, so I would need to set up a separate translator for each PC message (60+ translators for 60+ songs).

Thanks

Sure, on the incoming message translator for the PC, capture the PC number into a global variable. Then in rules on the outgoing CC translator, just send the PC number based on that same global variable.

If you need to queue up multiple PC messages that would be a bit more involved.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thanks @SteveC , would you mind providing an example of how to capture that global variable? I’m still new to BOME and struggling with some core functions. Thanks

Sure,

See attached. I’m using the global variable “gb” for the PC number to send.

Delay-Any-PC-with-CC-Message.bmtp (1.4 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Brilliant, thanks again Steve!