Closing to Tray

Greetings and best wishes for the season to all,

I started a topic a few months ago regarding closing to tray. I have a further request that might make better use of the current program structure.

As I have it setup, when I click the ‘X’ a dialogue pops up with Yes, No, Cancel. If I click Yes, the program closes. If No, nothing happens. If Cancel, it seems to be the same as No.

Could you modify the program so that the dialogue offers: Yes, No, Minimize? That would cover all the bases, particularly if the program is set to minimize to the tray.

Thanks,
Graham

Hi Graham,

You can change the MT Pro options to minimize to tray in the settings of MT Pro.
View->Setting, then Appearance and check “Minimize to tray”.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks Steve,

I didn’t explain myself very well. My bad.

I have minimize to tray set up. I was thinking about pressing the ‘x’. It seems when you press ‘x’, the dialogue opens and pressing ‘No’ and ‘Cancel’ do the same thing. Would it be valuable to change the No button to minimize? That way one could either close, minimize, or do nothing…respectively.

I realize that duplicates the minimize button, but the two are side by side; and it’s easy to miss. Of course, that begs the question, “when you press the minimize button, why don’t we also offer a exit option”? :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Graham

Ah, interesting thought.

The X is usually set up to close the window (and end the program). The dialog box only opens if you have “View->Settings->Confirm->Confirm program exit” set. If you don’t have it set the X will close the window (and the program). The _ is really the ICON in windows to “minimize” the window. With that said, it does make sense to either remove “Cancel” (which in this case is indeed the same as “No”) or to add another option.

I will check with development to see how feasible your request is to implement. (Sometime even what seems on the surface like a simple request can be quite complex) I will get back to you when I find something out.

In summary the current two buttons are meant
_ Minimize Window (to menu tray if you have that option set in MT Pro)
X Close Window, exit application

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi, it’s very hard to match everybody’s expectations here. And the ability to hit the correct button :slight_smile:
But, I like the idea of adding a button “Minimize instead” to the dialog and then reformulating the checkbox to “always do this when pressing the X button”. Then there would be a new setting “minimize on pressing the X button” or similar.

1 Like

Thanks to you both and all the best,

Graham