Hellow Bome Community!
I'm curious how others have managed to control DaVinci Resolve's functions Color page.
I got Bome MIDI Translator Pro ("BMT Pro") to control DaVinci Resolve with Native Instrument Maschine Studio. I've read all 8 topics and threads in the forum that popped up under the search for "DaVinci Resolve." In addition, I've read the manual and watched the demo YouTube tutorials.
Controlling DaVinci Resolve via the hotkeys is simple enough. However, the Color page in DaVinci Resolve lacks many hotkeys to support color grading; for example, the Color Wheels section.
Here are some strategies I am exploring:
- To accommodate variable window dimensions, I first tried using the inject event. BMT Pro's "Windows: inject event" only draws a green rectangle around the whole screen, but isn't able to isolate individual buttons or input areas. The note clearly stated that the injected event doesn't work with all Windows programs. In additional to DaVinci Resolve, Notepad, Paint, and Visual Studio Code, all showed the green rectangle around the whole application window instead of the button I was trying to focus on. I couldn't find a program that allowed me to isolate a button. Perhaps I'm missing something.
- Failing option #1, I am going to test the option that may not be as reliable with window sizes changing and resizing of different areas in DaVinci Resolve.
- Create a translator using Incoming Control Change message to cause an Outgoing Mouse Left Button Down Click for the Set Mouse Position captured at where the dial under Lift color wheel is.
- Create two more translators to accept Incoming Control Change message from a twisty knob switch to cause an Outgoing Mouse Wheel to increase a positive value if the knob was turned right, or decrease if turned left.
- To move the middle dot in the Lift color wheel, I could set up additional translators to map a button and two more twisty knobs to move that middle dot to different quadrants of the Lift color wheel.
- The button would move the mouse pointer to the middle of that dot via a translator control change mouse button down.
- Each knob would be handled by their own translators to move the mouse pointer left/right or up/down depending on the turn of the knobs.
- Pressing the button in the previous #1 step would be handled by another translator to cause the mouse button up.
I would appreciate learning how you are handling the Color page.