Combining two global var toget a new CC on converted rotated knob

carry on earlier. i had 6 rotated knob thst had converted to CC n assigned. can i use them again by manipulsting the sysex so i can convrted as new CCs again n assign them again? im planning to use 2 switch as global var to lock them n use AND operator… can i do such of thing? thanks u r very helpfull n hands on

I’m not sure exactly what you are asking but if you want to use a few bytes of incoming SysEX as global variables to adjust the output (IE CC number and value) or visa versa, then yes.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

ok…
here they are i got 2 rotated knob with midi number0-1 (var pp)
-if i push a switch make it as ga=0 thenpp=pp

• push switch again then ga=1 thenpp=pp+10 (different midi number in same knob)
    problem is if i want to add another global var (push another switch). how to get another different midi number on that knob.
    im running out knobs, buy got a lot of switches. thanks in advance

I’m not sure if this is what you are asking.

This example has 2 knobs and 8 buttons.
The first knob input is CC21 and output is CC 0-3 depending on which switch you push. We use the value of the buttons (note 0-3) to determine the CC
The second knob input is CC21 and output is CC10-13. We use the value of buttons (note 4-7) to select the output.
The global variable ga controls the CC number of the first knob and gb controls the CC number of the second knob.

Knob-Assignment-2021-01-19.bmtp (2.3 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

ok let me try it now

there are no translator for midi in???

Yes there are but you might need to set up your Alias "My Controller’ to point to the device that you are using. You can do this in the MIDI menu of MT Pro

ive setup all incoming n outgoing ports in each translator but nothibg happen??

theres only three translator here… and all of them are init translator???

Click on the second preset called “Knob Assignment”. You will find 4 more translators there.

ups thats quite embarrassing… lol
my midi source is sysex… so i modify the CC n note dource to sysex then?

Yes, modify as needed for your situtation.

hehe i still got no midi out

but i assumed this knob are controlling with gkobal variabel grom each switch right?
my needed is to control knob with 2 global variable from 2 switch. so every time switch pressed the knob will produce different midi CC even tho its same knob that rotated

The way I set it up is to use different switch to set different CC for each knob but you can use a single switch to cycle through values if you want

Rules would look like

ga=ga+1
if ga==5 then ga=0

This would cycle from 0-4 as you push the same button.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

hmmm… im not succeed yet steve…but i got it always in my head…
…i think it judt miss communivstion between us…let say there are 3
switches(switchA, switch 1n switch2) n 2 knobs and they were only send sysex . what i need is:
1)unpress switch A (ga==0) & press switch 1(pp=00)… it will choose amp preset 1 , then knob 1 should translate from sysex to CC to control vol of amp preset 1, meanwhile knob 2 should translate from sysex to CC to control pan of amp preset 1
2)unpress switch A (ga==0) & press switch 2(pp=01)… it will choose amp preset 2, then knob 1 should translate from sysex to CC to control vol of amp preset 2, knob2 is for panning it
3)press switchA (ga==01)&press switch 1(pp==00).it will choose stompbox 1 in preset 1,then knob1 should control vol & pan of stompbox in preset 1.
4)press switchA (ga==01)&press switch 2(pp==01).it will choose stompbox2 in preset 1,then knob should control vol & pan of stompbox2 in preset 1.
and so on.
can i do that? how?
i spent half an hour just to type this… lol

PS:
switch A is to determine wether is on preset mode or stompbox mode
Switch 1-2 is choosing which preset n which stompbox
knobs will follow it.

OK, maybe I get it now. Is this what you are looking for?

Switch A Pressed = Stompbox
Switch A Released = Amp

Switch 1 Pressed - Preset 1 of Stompbox or Amp depending on Switch A
Switch 2 Pressed - Preset 2 of Stompbox or Amp depending on Switch A

Only Switch 1 or Switch 2 can be used at a given time Pressing one deselects the other

This requirement is really beyond the scope of free support so if you want me to build it, please contact me via email.

In general, however you need to have 4 presets:

• Amp Preset 1
  • Amp Preset 2
  • Stomp Preset 1
  • Stomp Preset 2

Your buttons need to disable and enable 1 of the 4 presets created in MT Pro
Stomp Preset 1 should be enabled by default (set at project start)
All other presets should be disabled by default (again set at project start)

In your design you want only 1 preset at a time so set up your presets to automatically disable other presets when set.

Then it is a matter of looking at the state of Of the 3 buttons to determine which
preset is selected

A and 1 Selected - Enable Stomp Preset 1
A and 2 Selected - Enable Stomp Preset 2
A released and 1 selected - Enable Amp Preset 1
A release and 2 selected - Enable Amp Preset 1
Then put your encoder SysEX assignments as translators within each preset.

You can use the value of ga for Switch A (0 when release and 1 when pressed)
You can have switch 1 set gb to value of 0 when pressed
You can have switch 2 set gb to value of 1 when pressed

So your rules would look at value of ga and gb to determine the preset you need.

ga=0 gb=0 - Stomp 1
ga=0 gb=1 - Stomp 2
ga=1 gb=0 - Amp 1
ga=1 gb=1 - Amp 2

Again, if you want me to write this for you, reach out to me via email and I can provide an estimate. Hopefully though you have the logic now to be able to handle yourself but I’m happy to help with paid services.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

okay… if u dont mind ill make it as my last option… this is fun doin midi logic btw, il ltry it first by my self steve, thanks

Sounds good. Yes, I agree this is the best way to learn and especially if you are on a tight budget but have the time.

Steve