Confused with MIDI Translator Pro usage with Bomebox

Hi,
I am confused as to how I am supposed to use MIDI Translator Pro with a Bomebox.

I would like to filter out Start/Stop messages from a specific device which is using the BOMEBOX DIN on my Bomebox (Elektron Octatrack) to another specific device in my setup using a USB port (Prophet Rev2). So the target device does not respond to MMC. So basically I don’t want my Prophet to start its internal sequencer when I press play on my Octatrack.

However I need these MMC messages for other gear I have connected on this MIDI setup (namely a Roland TR6S). The Roland is connected using MIDI thru from yet another Synth connected through USB on the Bomebox (as the TR6S it’s not MIDI Class compliant MIDI GRRRR ROLAND DIE IN HELL !!!).

How am I supposed to configure MIDI Translator Pro so I can say “Cut Song Start from here to there, but let it go on other ports” ?

Is that even possible? I’m trying to figure that out before I purchase a license.

Actually, I think there’s a possibility to disable Start/Stop on the Prophet, but I am curious and would like to know if such filtering options are possible on the Bomebox because I may need such things in the future.

Thanks.

Hi and welcome back!

This is possible if you have purchased Bome MIDI Translator Pro and loaded a project file on your BomeBox. Basically you would set up the MIDI thru paths you need in the routing section of MT Pro.
Then you would write translators with the incoming messages that you want to block and outgoing actions of “None” with swallow set so that the message does not go through the default MIDI path.
In the preset, you would define the source and destination devices you want to block. I recommend you use aliases for your devices so that you can test it with MT Pro and then when uploading to BomeBox, simply re-assign the aliases.

Of course I have different devices so my aliases are assigned differently. This is the power of aliases. You can set up and test on your computer and then transfer the project to your omebox and then re-assign the aliases to your physical ports there.

Here is an example project file.
Block-Start-Stop.bmtp (1.1 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

OK !
Thanks for the reply Steve!
Uploading your projet file to my BomeBox, I could see that I have unassigned aliases and that I could reassign them to my real inputs and outputs. That’s brilliant!
It was not obvious to me in the first place.

Just to make sure I understood correctly, how should I create my aliases on MT Pro ? Should I select “no assigment”?

Well to test you will need to assign to something. If your devices are not present, you could always choose a virtual port ant then use SendSX to send a MIDI message for testing. If you want to use your gear that is attached to your BomeBox, then you could disable the project file on your BomeBox and then use Remote MIDI Ports in Bome Network and select the ports of your BomeBox. For instance, if the attached device on the port is shown as “MyController” and the BomeBox Name is “BomeBox1” , then in Bome Network it will show up as “BomeBox1:MyController”. The screenshot below shows my BomeBox with both a MIDI DIN port and a USB keyboard “Xkey37” attached.

By clicking the Checkboxes, they are shown as follows in MT Pro

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz