Control mouse with MIDI keyboard

Hi everyone - first time posting here and loving the product so far.

I’m wanting to control my mouse with my midi keyboard. When I press and hold an F#, the mouse goes up and when I release the F# the mouse cursor stops.

I can get it to go up in increments but when I press and hold, it doesn’t go up past the first increment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Alex

Hi Alex and welcome to the forum!

Please find the attached project file.

There are 3 translators

• The first one is note on F# (you didn’t specify which octave). When you push it, it will fire off a repeating timer “Cursor-Up” at 50 ms intervals.
  • The second translator is when you release the key and kills the timer.
  • The third translator is the timer and sends a mouse position up (10 pixels) every time it fires.

I think this is what you were asking.

If you need to change the octave, just change the note number. I specified “any value” so the project will not care of the velocity you strike the key.

Mouse-Cursor-Up-2021-03-01.bmtp (1.2 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi Steve

Thanks for the super quick replay.

That works amazingly well - thank you so much!

It was the cursor Up that was killing me. It seems so simple now.

Thanks again and really happy with the product

Alex

Glad to have been of help!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

I’m really sorry Steve I forgot to mention one more thing so please don’t feel like you need to get back ASAP, it’s my bad.

When I play a game with this, the mouse seems to get stuck at a certain axis point (I’m assuming the edge of the screen?) Is there anyway to have no limits on the mouse points?

Theoretically, this would allow you to do a full 360 in one direction.

Thanks and sorry again for not being clearer before.

Hi Alex,

Sorry this would be a computer (Windows or OSX) thing. I think they build their screens with end points and it might take special software to wrap the screen the way you describe.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care