Controlling Opacity in Affinity Photo Incremental Knob Clicks to Sequential Keystrokes

Hey Steve

I am writing to request assistance with a mapping issue I am experiencing with the software. Specifically, I am trying to use Midi Translator Pro to adjust the opacity of brushes in Affinity Photo using the number keys 1-9 on my MIDI controller.

However, I would like to be able to adjust the opacity in a circular motion using a single knob. More specifically, I would like a single click of the knob to create key presses for each number from 1-9 going clockwise, and from 9-1 going anti-clockwise.

I have tried to create this mapping on my own, but I have been unsuccessful so far. I would appreciate any guidance or advice you can provide to help me achieve this mapping.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best regards,

Simon

Hi,

What MIDI does your knob send? When you turn clockwise and counter clockwise. It is an absolute CC message or a relative CC messge? It will definately work better if it is an endless encoder that sends relative MIDI message. If you open the log window and then turn the controller in each direction, then I should be able to tell from there.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz