Convert incoming CC on BomeBox

Hello, can somebody help me to set up my BomeBox like this:

Leave midichannel unchanged
Leave Value unchanged
If DIN midi in CC is greater than or equal to CC32 -> Din Midi Out CC = (Din Midi In CC minus 32)

So if i send to Din port Midi IN on Midi Channel 16 a CC32 with the value 98 it should output on Din Out on midi channel 16 the CC00 with the value 98.

So if i send to Din port Midi IN on Midi Channel 16 a CC33 with the value 98 it should output on Din Out on midi channel 16 the CC01 with the value 98

Is there a smart way of setting it up?

Hi and welcome to the forum!

First of all you will need a Bome MIDI Translator Pro paid license to do this as the BomeBox requires project signing and the free trial license does not do signing. Without Bome MIDI Translator Pro you can do static routing but no translations.

You would develop the Bome MIDI Translator Pro project on PC or Mac and then upload it to BomeBox for execution.

Incoming: CC on any MIDI CH set CH to oo, any CC set to pp any value set to qq from MIDI DIN IN
Rules:
if pp> 31 then = pp=pp-32

Outgoing: CC pp on MIDI CH oo value qq to MIDI DIN OUT

If you want to have other MIDI messages go through untouched just add a static route between MIDI DIN IN and MIDI DIN OUT.

On your PC or Mac you might need to set up aliases to test it there and then when uploading to your BomeBox assign those aliasses as appropriate to your MIDI DIN In and Out ports.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
2 Likes

Thanks! Looks like it is working in the software :slight_smile:
Now unfortunately two more questions

1. Is it possible to switch outputs based on CC Number? So if CC<32 use Output 1 and if CC>32 use Output 2 (If Yes - How would that work on the BomeBox)
  2. How do i get the Stuff i made in Bome Translator Pro Software to my BomeBox?

For questions number 1:

The attached project file will do what you want. Anything greater than CC31 will be converted to CC0-31 and sent to BomeBox DIN (as defined in the preset).
Anything with CC0-CC31 and sent to BomeBox DIN (as defined in second preset), will be sent to Alias USB1

CC-Convert-BomeBox-2021-02-02.bmtp (1.7 KB)

This tutorial shows how device selection works.

For question # 2 see this tutorial on how to upload and run your projects on BomeBox. You will need a paid licensed version of MT Pro for this to work. You cannot do this with the free trial version of MT Pro.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

2 Likes

Thank you!

You are quite welcome!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Today my BomeBox arrived and thanks to your amazing support I got my setup running within 15 minutes :blush:

Glad to hear it. Thanks for the positive feedback!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care