I spent a few hours with Cubase and Faderport 16 using BMT Pro. Here is what I came up with.
Setup in Cubase:
Mackie Control 1 - Input - BMT2, Output - BMT2
Mackie Control 2 - Input - BMT1, Output - BMT1
Track Quick Controls - Input - BMT1, Output BMT2
I created a Cubase project and loaded 2 rack instruments of Vienna Symphonic Library - Vienna Synchron Player - With one instrument. This instrument has many CC parameters but only chose 3 for automation. I setup quick controls for the three CC parameters by learning it on quick controls.
Then I created a BMT Project. The MIDI configuration was very simple
BMT1 In to PreSonus FP16 1
BMT2 in to PreSonus FP16 2.
This was only to test from Cubase to FP16.
I created 3 translators one for each CC/Fader.
I am attaching the project file. This works without a flaw but the faders are jerky. I know this is because 0-127 is being converted to -8192 - +8192.
Anyway, I am attaching the project file also. Take a look and let me know if I am on the right track hereMyFirstProject.bmtp (2.1 KB)