Cubase to Faderport 16 - cc automation

Steve,

I spent a few hours with Cubase and Faderport 16 using BMT Pro. Here is what I came up with.

Setup in Cubase:

Mackie Control 1 - Input - BMT2, Output - BMT2
Mackie Control 2 - Input - BMT1, Output - BMT1
Track Quick Controls - Input - BMT1, Output BMT2

I created a Cubase project and loaded 2 rack instruments of Vienna Symphonic Library - Vienna Synchron Player - With one instrument. This instrument has many CC parameters but only chose 3 for automation. I setup quick controls for the three CC parameters by learning it on quick controls.

Then I created a BMT Project. The MIDI configuration was very simple

BMT1 In to PreSonus FP16 1

BMT2 in to PreSonus FP16 2.

This was only to test from Cubase to FP16.

I created 3 translators one for each CC/Fader.

I am attaching the project file. This works without a flaw but the faders are jerky. I know this is because 0-127 is being converted to -8192 - +8192.

Anyway, I am attaching the project file also. Take a look and let me know if I am on the right track hereMyFirstProject.bmtp (2.1 KB)

Hi since the local variables oo, qq and ss are local variables, they will be random values so should not be used.

Yes, you will loose some precision by going from 14 bit to 7 bits but this should be minimized by just duplicating the high order nibble into the low order nibble.

Also since they are local variables you could have used the same local variable in each translator. For now I left them as you had.

So output of translator 1 is E0 pp pp, 2 is E1 rr rr and 3 is E2 tt tt

Give it a try.

MyFirstProject-sjc.bmtp (2.1 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thank you Steve, That helped a little bit but the jerkiness is still there. I appreciate your quick response.
Regards
Ram

Yes, again when changing resolution to 16.384 (14 bit) to 128 (7 bit) then you will loose some precision. There is no way around that completely.