Custom RGB lights

Hi, my dj controller has rgb lighting for the pads. It can display any colour of the rainbow when using Traktor Pro 3. But in its MIDI mode, it only provides a blue or orange option. Is there something I can put in the rules of a translator that tells the pad exactly what colour I want, instead of just a velocity for brightness?

Hi, you may need to look at the MIDI implementation guide for your dj controller. It may or may not be possible. Usually different note velocities in MIDI control the color.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Oh ok, thank you. The problem is these pads have different colours *and brightness, so I’m just getting brightness with velocities.

Hi, did you find a manual that describes the MIDI implementation of the DJ controller?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

No, I’ve looked before. Been asking on the NI forums, but that company never responds to anything.
A couple of NI users tried to help me, but there isn’t anything they can do.
It seems velocity is reserved for brightness only, and that is that.

What is the DJ Controller you are using?

The Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S3.

OK, yes I think you will need to ask them how to control color LEDs of your controller via MIDI or even if it is possible.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

I did ask, and have before. No response on the lights. NI usually doesn’t respond to anything. Oh well.

Sorry to hear that. So you are pretty much left to trial and error or reverse engineering.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care