Davinci Resolve Midi Fighter Twister

I have re capture the location but when i trigger the knob, the mouse jump to monitor on tje left

OK, it is working for me. What kind of graphics card to you have and how do you have it configured. Some graphics cards bypass the Windows drivers so unless you have it set up for Windows to recognize the position, it may not work correctly. See below snapshot for how I have mine configured.

I’m running an older Radeon HD 6670.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

my current setup, im running Nvidia GTX 1060 , i have set my display 2 as my main display

Maybe Windows definition of primary display is different than MT Pro. Try setting it to go to primary display and then capture the location and see if that works. I know some NVIDIA monitors have a driver to make the Windows display appears as one display. If this is the case, turn the feature off and instead let Windows treat as 2 displays. I know that this is the case because when MT Pro would only work on primary display, some users set up the NVIDIA driver so they could trick Windows to think there is one huge display when you actually had 2 monitors.

P.S. I assume you are using MT Pro 1.8.4, right?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

I will try to figure the nvidia settings, yes currenlty i use the 1.8.4

A post was split to a new topic: APC-40 - Davinci Resolve Mouse Drag

hi steve i try to map the upper left side button to triger CTRL W but right now it doesnt trigger the key stroke

Hi,
Make sure that your active window is the application (Davinci Resolve?) you want to see the keystroke sent to. According to the log , it looks like it is sending it. Do you have a Davinci Resolve shortcut set to Control W?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

yes i its prebuild shortcut

Version 1.9.0 now has an outgoing action to focus on a given application. You might want to try and use that before sending keystrokes.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

hi using the application focus works but now i want to set the left side bottom low button to trigger shift+d and it works but the left side top button didnt want to trigger the short cut i had set

Hmm did you try it without the shift? Maybe it is looking for lower case d?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

without shift the shortcut doesnt work

Hi,
I’m looking at this and the keystroke is indeed being send so there might be something in Davnici Resolve. Look at page 2525 of the reference manual where it talks about reference wipe. I can’t understand it because I really don’t understand Davinci Resolve and the application keeps crashing on me on my Windows machine, even after installing it several times. Maybe I have a graphics card that isn’t supported by Davnici Resolve.

The keystroke does appear to be doing something though. In your example, it appears that you are sending Control-W twice since you have 2 separate translators with the same incoming and outgoing action.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi, I’m using MFT-Resolve-2020-12-04.bmtp as a base and I have to wait 1 sec before I can use any other encoder. I also had to ad a 1ms delay to the outgoing action in 1.4 as sometimes it wouldn’t activate the mouse up.

Is there any way to reduce the wait time required before using other encoders?

Forgot to mention that I’m using the demo on MACOS 10.14.6.

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

The way the project is designed is to move only one encoder at a time. This is because encoders are controlling you mouse and you will not every have more than 1 mouse pointer on your computer.
You should be able to reduce the 1000ms delay of translator 1.0 to say 250ms instead. As long as you keep moving the encoder things will work but you after 250ms the mouse up will happen.

You shouldn’t need to do that but adding another 1000ms delay will require you wait even longer as it will be added to the delay of the first translator.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thanks Steve, I’m only using one encoder at a time, but the wait between using each encoder was not something I could work with.

I’ve seen videos of where people can work a lot quicker so will play around with the delay and test it on another system to see if it has any impact.

Update: I moved it to my more powerful system and it was a lot better.

One small issue I had on both systems is that when the timer ran out and the software closed. I could re-open the software as the software would either become unresponsive on the splash screen or the splash screen wouldn’t come up at all. A solution was waiting around 5 minutes before re-opening the software or overwriting the app in my applications folder with the one in the DMG. I know this will be less of an issue with the purchased copy, but wanted to flag it as it may still be an issue if you need to restart the app for any reason.

Thanks for reporting this! We will see if we can duplicate this behavior.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care