Davinci Resolve Midi Fighter Twister

hi, currently i’m looking for a way to change the value of color adjustment, is there any way to trigger mouse click hold and slide up/down with Bome MIDI Translator Pro?

Hi,

The following example will click down and drag the mouse up or down at the current mouse pointer position. If you want, you can modify the initial mouse action to go to the correct location on your screen first in translator 0.2. Keep in mind, you must have consistent coordinates within your application otherwise the initial mouse position may not be correct. In this example I using a relative encoder ENC 3FH/41H setup of the MIDI fighter twister. In this case CC1 on MIDI channel 1.

MFT-Resolve-2020-12-01.bmtp (2.9 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

i have tried it, but when turn the know the value doesnt change?

In the log window, turn on MIDI IN and Incoming. If MIDI IN shows up, but not incoming then the knob that you are using doesn’t match and you will need to fix the incoming message for the knob you are turning.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

hai, i have figured it out, to change the value in davinci the outgoing trigger must right/left, know i want to set the one knob if i turn the knob to right it moves the mouse position to the right, and when i twist the knob to the left the mouse position moves to the left. can you help it?

thanks

I think on the example that I posted, it move the pointer up and down. To move left and right instead, just put the variables name in the other axis of the outgoing message.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

okay, i have set the click mouse at current position, but after i capture the mouse position and trigger the knob the value keep stuttering, how to fix this?

It looks like you unchecked the translator with the mouse up action. This action happens after 1 second of no fader movement to signal that you are done “dragging” the mouse. However if ths translator is disabled, you never release the mouse click.

This doesn’t need davinci resolve to test. I tested by positioning my pointer over a desktop ICON and was able to drag it to a new position.

MFT-Resolve-2020-12-02.bmtp (2.9 KB)

This version adds the rules to skip outgoing action if value = 64 although it is still mysterious to me why a value of 64 is ever sent in this mode.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

the stuttering still happen, every time i set a mouse position on the [2] click mouse at current position, the mouse click works but when i turn the knob the value does stuttering. and do you have any idea to make the adjusment more precise or make the increment more precise?

i have figured it out on how to make the increment more precise, by press and hold “alt”, how to add that to the mt preset?

Hi, probably the best way to adjust the default resolution is with the rules of translator 0.3 “Drag Mouse”.

Find the line that says

pp=pp*10

and change the 10 to a smaller number. The finest tuning you can achieve here is 1.

You can also try going to Windows Mouse settings and adjust the sensitivity of the mouse.

Try that first and if it doesn’t work we can figure a way to incorpate Alt into the outgoing message sequence.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi, i have change the the value and the increment works like a charm, i still cant figure how to trigger the left click without stuttering?

The left click down happens shortly after you start turning the knob and will remain down as long as your are turning it until it is not being turned for more than 1 second.

sorry, i mean i want to set the mouse position first and then the left click happens

in the translator 0.2 have set location, but after i set the location when i turn the knob it become stuttering

the youtube link is a sceen record when the stuttering happen

Try putting a 20ms outgoing delay on the “Drag Mouse” translator 0.3. This will give 0.2 time to click the mouse and hopefully Davinci Resolve to register it before moving.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

i have tried and its not working, i come up setting new preset trigggering the mouse click.

can we set new rules the mouse movement wont work unless the knob click being press first?

The values do not look right on your incoming action. Your encoder will never put out a value of 127.
Try the below. This one I modified the rules a bit. That should stop your jittering.

1.2 where it said
ga=1
now says
if ga==0 then ga=1

This should stop the dragging action (ga=2) fight the clicking action (ga=1)

MFT-Resolve-2020-12-03a.bmtp (3.1 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

PS you will probably need to modify the click location in 0.2

i have set new preset for another adjusment, but when i trigger the contrast knob the position moves to the pivot position, but when i deactivated the pivot preset and i trigger the contrast knob the position moves into the right position