Dead end with Resolve and Windows

Hi, I’m just bought a Samson md13, really cheap. I’ve been using midi-translator with my FCB1010 10 years ago! to make live looping. And now I lost my license. So, I see 59€ Ok if it works… But I’m having a hard time to even configure the slider or the volume control. Can’t find tutorials, and all is code code code. I’m not a coder, I’m a filmmaker. Can’t believe there is not even a simple guide. I want to do simple things, mouse caption is not working(great utility).
I will happy to pay the 59€ if there was some community, presets or something like that to assign my pads, knobs and scrolls to pre-programed utilities. But, right now, its too much raw stuff.
Also I was wonder to set the crossfader (1-127) ass gamepad throttle and I’m in the same dead-end.
There is not any other translate/program so advance, stable… But we still in the same square, no user friendly for most of big programs as we where 15 years ago.
I got a community of filmmakers, that they could will to pay 20€ + cheap interface for program to control their davinci… as people can use in lightroom.
But 59€ right now it’s crazy + spent weeks learning to code it.

Hi and welcome to the community!

The Bome MIDI Translator Pro tutorials are all located here. There are about 40 of them. You can search for what you want to do. They are all very short and fast moving and most have links to the example files that were used in the tutorial. If they move too fast for you and you can’t figure a given function out, then I’m happy to help.

This is a very powerful program and along with the power does come some complexity. I’m available as an independent consultant/programmer to do some custom programming if you want a complete solution. The free support here is for targeted questions and examples of pieces. If you are complaining about 59 euros of the software then maybe is not best to contact me and to search elsewhere. I’m happy to do a paid engagement but can tell you custom coding can be quite more expensive which is why most of our users do it themselves.

There are also a lot of other users using MT Pro with Davinci resolve so you might find something close to what you want by searching this forum.

As far as game pad control, MT Pro does not send game controller messages.

It can handle , MIDI, serial data, Keystrokes, mouse movements and mouse clicks.

For slider or volume control with Davinci Resolve, it requires:

• Mouse position to slider (must be a fixed and non moving screen location)
  • Click and drag the slider
  • Release the slider.

There are examples here in the forum. I think most people are using Arturia Beatstep to do this so that is where I would search.

Also knobs are easier than sliders as sliders move so they are not always in the same location. For knobs you can just click and drag the knob and since the knob itself doesn’t move, the click location is constant (unless you move your Davinci Resolve window around).

Maybe at some point, Davinci Resolve will either support MIDI or have an API that we can work with but until then, that is where we are. This is true for most programs that only support key strokes and mouse movements/clicks.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thx a loot, Stevec. I saw you around and It’s amazing you helping so fast people. I found 2 people using Davinci in the forum, with some level of coding. I’m really a stone about coding/programming my thing are cameras, lights and Photo direction.
I guess I will start with the tutorials, step by step, but it’s really disappointing the non-existence of a Templates for simple actions. We feel it’s money because is twice the cost of the midi device and still not a finish product. Power one, indeed, but not finish.
Thx a lot.

Yes, with the number of different controllers out there and applications and other devices that you can run, it would be next to impossible to have an example for everything. I’ve been doing this for years and have never heard an Samson MD13 until yesterday. I have a Somson Conspiracy but haven’t seen anyone else using that one besides me either,Let me know if you need help with a specific function and I can provide an example or perhaps coach you through it to get started. Once you get the hang of things it is not too bad. With that said, complex mouse movements and actions are the trickiest as they often require repeating timers and interaction between translators.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz