Digitakt/digitone instant program change

hi,
i´m been using bomebox with synths and elektron devices for some time, but can’t figure out how to make fairly simple task in midi translator for instant program changes to elektron gear (as slave)…
akai force acts as master (midi din to bomebox, it sends pc to digitakt (usb 1) and digitone (usb 2).
problem with these elektron boxes is that they wait until sequence is finished before changing patterns.
so i think this could be solved by small MT program: pc (channel 16), stop, start.
could someone please help me with this, as i´m totally novice with midi translator…

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Something like the attached should work. I have defined alias as shown. You will need to assign them based on the devices you are using) and assigned the incoming and outgoing ports by preset. In this case, it looks at any channel, however you can change it if you want to only look for Channel 16.

What it does is look for any incoming PC and sends Stop then PC then Start. I’m using Raw MIDI as it takes less translators to accomplish this way.

Stop-then-PC-Then-Stop-2021-01-15.bmtp (1.5 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

This is perfect!
thank you Steve, you are wizard! :smiley:

Glad to help!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi, Steve. I really appreciate this bit of code. I have tweaked it to work with a Novation SLMK3 and the Model Samples. Absolutely amazing and exactly what I needed for a really important aspect of my live work.

I routed the MIDI router as such (Novation MIDI > Bome Virtual Port 1 > Bome MIDI Translator 1 In > Bome MIDI Translator 1 Virtual Out > Bome Virtual Port 1 > Elektron Model Samples). Is my thinking sound here?

Hi Bome Virtual Port 1 is an alias for Bome MIDI Translator 1 In so you will be sending double messages. Use one or the other or better still create a new alias and point it to one or the other.