Disable MIDI device

Is it possible to permanently disable a MIDI device in MTP? If MTP is opened first, it always claims my KeyRig 49 and I need that to always remain available for other programs. I’ve tried unchecking the box under Project Default MIDI Ports, but it will still always try to grab it the next time MTP is loaded.
Untitled

Hi, if a port is opened at the project level, or the preset level, or the translator level, it will remain open. For this reason I almost always assign aliases instead of using physical ports. That way you can un-assign (or re-assign) an alias and the physical port will close.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks for the reply, but I’m not sure I follow. I created an alias for it and made sure it was unchecked, but MTP still always hogs it as soon as MTP opens (or another program that had it closes).

Untitled

Basically I need it to not try to open it at all (no error like this)

Untitled

Hi, did you uncheck the physical device on ALL presets, and ALL translators as well? If you still can’t figure it out, please post the project file you are using and I’ll take a look at it.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks but no need! I figured it out. I believe all the presets and translators are set to just use the default ports, but I had an unnecessary routing still set up involving the KeyRig. I deleted it and now it ignores the device. :+1:

Yes, any routing or checkmarks to physical devices will remain open until you remove them all. If you use aliases, it makes the whole process of moving things around more simple.

Steve

Awesome, thanks for the lesson. I now understand the whole aliases thing.

1 Like