Disabling Individual Translators

Is there a reason why disabling and enabling presets with incoming actions only works for presets and not for translators within a preset? Only having that available at the preset level means that there can only be one group definition for "disable all others". I would like to be able to enable and disable processing and be able to group those mutually disabled sets within presets. Something like "disable all other translators within this preset", but not affecting the enabled state of translators within other presets or the enabled state of presets.

Hmm… after thinking about it a little bit, it seems that it’s not absolutely necessary to be able to group things that way. It would still be convenient, though, to be able to logically structure the functionality of a complex project where stuff that applies to a certain controller input is all organized within a preset and whatever enabling and disabling of processing pertaining to it happens within that preset.

Hmm… after thinking about it a little more, I think I changed my mind. Maybe it’s fine that you can only enable and disable presets with actions and not translators. In fact maybe it’s better, since it means that all unnecessary processing will be disabled for a given event–provided that you structured your project that way. It just would have been good if I had understood that. But I do now.

Hi,

Disabling presets indeed should disable all translators within the disabled preset. The only exception would be MIDI thru paths that you might have set in the MIDI router.   If this is not the case in your project. Please post it and I will have a look.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

I thought thru settings in the MIDI router were at the project level and not specific to presets, no? Does enabling/disabling presets affect those? I wouldn’t have thought so. In any case, whether translators within presets were disabled when their encompassing presets were disabled wasn’t my question. The question was why it is not possible to enable/disable individual translators; why it is the case that only presets can be enabled/disabled. I think I answered my own question.

Translators can be enabled and disabled as well manually (by checking and unchecking them) but not with programming. The idea of enabling and disabling presets is to change the behavior of entire sections (presets) by a single action. This is typically done if you want several layers of operation within the same control surface. You enable one preset and disable the other, and you have completely different behavior (layer switch).

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz