Does the BomeBox become my new Access Point?

I tried to search before asking my question as I assume it’s a common one. As a new user my searches didn’t return what I thought was the solution.

I just finished setting up my BomeBox and also applied the latest 1.5 firmware update. My question is:

Will I need to use the BomeBox as my PC’s access point? My PC’s normal WiFi connection provides my internet connection. When I connect to the BomeBox, the Bomebox doesn’t provide an internet connection. If I have the option, I would like to continue using my normal WiFi connection, yet leaving my Bomebox “connected” and functional.

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

Hi and congratulations on your new BomeBox!

You can set it up as a wireless access point, a WiFi Client, or via ethernet if you would like.
The wireless is pre-configured as a hotspot with its own network name and IP address.

You can set it up to your current SSID as a client on your existing network if you want you use your existing home network address. In this mode, you router will need to provided the DHCP address.

The ethernet is already set up as a DHCP client so if you have an extra ethernet port on your router, you can plug your ethernet cable in to your router and then set up the BomeBox WiFi as an access point. The IP will be assigned by your network via ethernet if it is set up this way. This is how I typically set mine up so I can access the BomeBox and my existing network.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

Thank you for quick and accurate response! I used the method of connecting the BomeBox to my current SSID and it seems to be working correctly. I received an error stating that “NetMidiServer: there is a different incoming connection from the same server LEHMAN. → disconnect it.” How can I resolve the error?

Hi,
Just make sure there is only one path to your server. If you have both WiFi and Ethernet to the same server, they may see them as the same connection. I would need to look at your Network MIDI screen to see further what is going on. The screen you show me is also strange because it appears the the source named “LEHMAN” is also set up as an alias to BomeBox DIN. Maybe you need to disable some MIDI routes.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like