Don't see my connected usb devices on bomebox

Hi,
I’ve configured my bomebox for the first time as a hotspot.
I’ve created a MTP project that works from my laptop with connected devices via USB hub.
And I’ve setup the aliases.
Then I trasnfered over the project.
Yet when I plug the USB hub into the bomebox, and click on the drop downs to assign the ports, I only see the midi DIN available. None of the devices through the powered hub appear.
Please advise.
Thanks!
Mike
Screenshot:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlW-ZflwqqvivjHPXsG-V2z6l_Ha

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’m sorry you are having problems. I will try to assist.

I have a few questions.

What type of USB hub are you using? Is it powered? Some of these devices I believe take a bit of power so a powered hub may be required.

What is the power source for your BomeBox? If you are using micro USB, I’ve found that with some higher consumption USB devices, they can drop the voltage below 5 volts and then things start disappearing. I had issues with some of my devices with using micro USB and ended up going with a POE solution which provides 48V and both creates a nice clickable locked connection and provides more stable power.

If you are doing both, I would suggest that you unplug all USB devices and then plug them in one at a time and then test each one to see when the problem manifests itself. Another possibility if one of your attached devices is not USB class compliant. Do any of the attached USB devices require a special drive when on Windows or Mac? If so, the device is likely not class compliant.

Also, go to the MIDI devices page on the BomeBox and take a snapshot there so I can see what devices (if any) it recognizes. You might want to disable the project file temporarily so that the project file does not attempt to do any MIDI routing on your BomeBox

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks Steve.

For whatever reason, unplugging everything and then plugging it back in, worked.

I’m using a powered hub.

I did try running a cat5 cable from a powered Ethernet hub, but the bome box didn’t power up

The ethernet hub would have to support POE for the CAT5 cable to work. Not all devices support POE. (Power over etherenet). Also you would have to plug into the POE IN ethernet connecor on the BomeBox.

Steve

1 Like