double Yamaha 01v96i in cascade in ableton, or any daw? Is that possible?

Hello there!

I have a question. Recently I am using a Yamaha 01v96i mixer with ableton live and Bome midi translator pro. (actually I am about to buy this useful little software) Everything is vorking fine. I do have 16 faders, operating perfectly. The key was I guess, the template file from this forum and the MackieXT settings for the 9-16 channel.

Now I have a question: Is it possible to expand this system with another 01v96i? and having 32 faders operating?

Also is it possible to do the same thing with logic and cubase also?

Thank you!!!

I believe you can, add them as different Mackie Extenders. I think 32 is the max the Ableton Live supports. I’m not sure how many Logic and Cubase supports.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care


Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

That matches my experience: the second 01V96i should be configured as another Mackie Control/Extender, not as a second copy of the first surface. A few checks that may save time:

  • Give each console a distinct MIDI I/O pair (and a unique unit ID if you are using the Yamaha cascade/remote settings).
  • Assign the first eight faders to Extender 1 and the second eight to Extender 2, then confirm the DAW’s MCU ports are not both listening on the same input.
  • Test transport, fader, and mute one bank at a time before enabling feedback on both.

For a quick audio-routing sanity check, I sometimes use the free 432 Hz reference as a known signal and verify that it reaches the expected mixer/DAW input; that keeps control-surface testing separate from musical material. Hope that helps.

1 Like