Dump into cubase the last midi cc value (or current value)

Hello, let’s say I am riding my cc 50 with a fader tl change the close mic fader of a given track in cubase

Can I set a preset that remember the last value of cc 50 when I moved my fader, so that I can use another button to dump into cubase that value. Basically just sending to Cubase that last value a midi message so that I can record it as a midi event point

Thanks

Sure,

See the attached.

The first translator simply records the incoming value of CC50 into the global variable ‘ga’. It doesn’t send it on but if you want you could create an outgoing action to to so.

The second translator sends the CC value when note-on note 50 velocity 127 is received from your controller.

In my case, I’m assuming Cubase is ‘Application’

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Track-CC-50.bmtp (1.3 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

incredible that’s exactly it

Thanks

1 Like

It works, but for some reason cubase is receiving each midi CC twice

all midi ports in cubase are disabled except BMT 1

Maybe you have multiple ports selected.

For more information about device selection, see this tutorial.

Also if you don’t have ‘Swallow’ set in the translator and it does not complete it’s outgoing action, then the original message will follow the MIDI thru path. Consequently, since I like tight control of what I send to the DAW, I generally don’t turn on any MIDI thru paths.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Sorry to bump this thread, but I noticed that if I use multiple versions of this preset to control 4 differents CC (50, 51, 52 and 53)

If say for example I am moving my CC 50, the button that dumps last value of CC 50 works as excepted, but then if I move CC 51, the first button that dump CC 50 does so with the value of CC51 instead of CC 50.

Like it can only remember one last value at a time

I tried changing ‘qq’ by ‘rr’ to have a different variable for CC51 but it doesn’t work

Hi,

Each CC that you track will require a different global variable. You cannot use local variable are they are not persistent.

See section 10.3 (pg 88) of the User manual about the different between local and global variables.

The user manual is also available within MT Pro by either F1 or the help menu.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi !

I now understand better the global variables, it was quite overwhelming when I first started using bome, but now I manage to achieve pretty advanced stuff on cubase.

Makes my composer life so much easier day after day ! thanks again