E-drum problem, not sending midi data to computer

One of my e-drums is not sending any midi signal to either Bome or Reaper (DAW). It’s a Powerdrums HD.006 module, I just can’t get it work. Someone recommended me to try the Bome software to spread midi data from different pads to different channels but the same problem happens, my alesis turbo module works fine and sends midi data to the software but my other drum module doesn’t.

Hi and welcome to the Bome Forum!

If nothing is receiving from your drum module, then you may want to talk to the drum manufacturer. Most drum module send on MIDI CH 10 so if you open up your drum port for input with Bome MIDI Translator Pro, then turn on the log window and check the MIDI IN box, you should see MIDI activity.
That is, if your drum module is properly connected to your computer and your computer recognizes the port.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

It does recognize the device, it appears as USB-DRUM, my DAW recognizes it too.
Imgur

I opened the log window and I get tho¡ese constant messages from my alesis module, and when i hit a pad I can see the action in the log, but with my other drum module (Powerdrums hd 006) nothing happens.
Imgur

I really don’t understand, the weird thing is that It does work sometimes, yesterday I was playing drums while using the Reaper DAW with a drum VST and it sounded good but after a while it just stopped working.

I’m not sure if the Bome software will fix the issue or if my drum module has the usb connection broken, maybe windows is having driver problems with it? The reason why I have 2 drum modules is because my alesis module doesn’t trigger the cymbals and the bass drums correctly, because they’re pads from the other module. Could I fix how it triggers with this software? I hope I don’t have to buy another drum module, I’ve been trying to make this drumset work with midi to my computer for a while now but there’s always a problem.

Hi,

Maybe there is a bad connection between your pads and the trigger connector?

Manual

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi, I don’t think you will want to send MIDI back to your either your Alesis Drum or you HD.006 as this might cause MIDI loop issues.

Make your input your E-Drums and your output the appropriate input in your DAW which would likely be a virtual MIDI port (Bome MIDI Translator 1 Virtual Out) which will be seen as “BMT 1” in your DAW. Do not set up you DAW to take direct input from your Drums’ MIDI ports.

Here is a simple routing without translators

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care