ELSE statement missing

I’m trying to use else statement in translator pro 1.9.1

according to manual

10.2.10 Else
Since MIDI Translator Pro 1.9.1 and BomeBox firmware 1.5.3, you can use the ELSE
statement in the rules. The ELSE rule is only executed if the Rule before it is an IF
statement, and only if that IF statement evaluated to false.

Is it because my license was purchased in 2021 (registered v1.9.0) that this new feature isn’t available to me, or am I missing something?

I’ve tried checking forums, but it seems like no one else has encountered the same issue.

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

Yes, this is a new feature of Bome MIDI Translator Pro 1.9.1.

You can download the new version in your account.

The Bome Account is not automatically created with purchase. Just create one here:
https://www.bome.com/account

Normally, your product license and download will be automatically accessible. Only if you’ve used a different email address at time of purchase, just create an account with your current email address and then use the Add Product function in your user account to claim your license.

Note: after creating your account, your licenses will only be available after clicking the activation link in the activation email! You can also use the Lost Password function to activate your account.

Only when your account is activated, you can view your license(s), download the latest version, and add missing licenses.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi Steve, I’ve confirmed that I’m running the latest version, 1.9.1 build 1064. However, I can’t seem to locate the else statement. My account was created in 2021, and I used it to download the 1.9.1 version just last week.

I believe that ELSE is not included in the rules wizard so you should just use it in rules.

See that attached example.

The first translator has ELSE in the rules as follows. Control(Up) will trigger it. Open the Log window to see what is happening. It just checks if the value of ga==1 and if not, sets it to 1 and logs the messages

The second translator simply sets ga back to 0.

Rules of First translator

Label "Loop"
if ga==1 then Log "Log Done"
else Goto "SetGA"
exit rules, skip Outgoing Action

Label "SetGA"
Log "Log Setting GA to 1"
ga=1
Log "Log going to label Loop"
Goto "Loop"

Else-Test-2024-07-09.bmtp (1.0 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

My mistake, I should have tried it in the rules; now it works. Thank you for your reply.

…and we should add it to the drop down!