Enable display and scrolling of lyrics with Bome Midi Translator on Windows 7

Good evening, I am looking for a trick or a solution to play my acoustic piano equipped with an automatic player system (ancestor of the Yamaha disklavier piano), while having the lyrics of the song scrolling on the monitor associated with PC.

This pianoCorder system works, not with information in MIDI format, but with special audio files (“PC” format like PianCorder) that are the audible equivalent of what is heard when one-way phone. fax number…

A passionate about these piancorder has developed a small free program that allows me to load in my small laptop (Windows 7 64-bit) files in MIDI format, convert them to PC format and send these audio info instantly to the reader of the player. Piancorder. This program is called Winamp 3.0d, but has nothing to do with other Winamp programs that do not know how to manage the “PC” format for piancorder.

Today, wishing to scroll the lyrics of karaoke (when they are present on the MIDI file) on a monitor placed in my computer monitor extension, I reached the expected result, simply using the karaoke software “Sweet Midi Player” of the Roni website, (at the same time as Winamp 3.0D, on the same computer). The 2 programs coexist well together because I derived the MIDI outings out of “Sweet Midi Player” so that they do not miss the audio devoted to the piancorder and that comes out through the mini audio jack of the computer via Winamp 3.0

For that I need to put my midi file in Winamp 3.0d, … and put it also in Sweet Midi Player (so I have to open the same MIDI file 2 times)

One of the windows of Winamp 3.0D is dedicated to the pianoroll, ie that we see scrolling music notes like a roller of perforated music paper in front of a reading bar, and I use this visual mark of First note arriving on the play bar to click on the “Play” button of the Sweet Midi Player drive and thus have the lyrics synchronized at the piano notes. So, it works very well.

But I would like to find a trick to avoid having to start myself, with the mouse, the departure of “Play” from Sweet Midi Player. I think it should be possible to use “Bome Midi Translator” installed on a Winamp 3.0D MIDI OUT output and connected to the MIDI IN entry of Sweet Midi Player … Another working hypothesis would perhaps be to concoct a program that would open up to play a single midi file with these 2 different programs at the same time …

In summary: Either performing a program triggering the simultaneous reading of 2 identical MIDI files in 2 different programs, either performing a program allowing the reading of a single MIDI file by 2 different programs …

The solution may be making the 2 active windows of these 2 programs at the same time, but a window is active only when it is selected, to the detriment of the other …

I am quite aware that this demand a bit wacky may be a boring headache, but I would like to find a solution. Maybe you already have it? Or do you know someone or a forum with which I could submit it?

Finally, to get an idea of ​​the passion that animates me, be nice to take a look at the short pianola videos that I dropped on YouTube, in Gilles Delahaie Pianola YouTube,

For example respect (Aretha Franklin in 1967): - YouTube[/

But today, it is my second acoustic piano on which I hold a little!

In the hope of an answer, even negative. Good to you. Gilles.

Bonsoir, je suis à la recherche d’une astuce ou une solution pour faire jouer mon piano acoustique équipé d’un système de joueur automatique (ancêtre du piano DisKlavier Yamaha), tout en ayant les paroles de la chanson défilant sur le moniteur associé au PC.

ce système de pianocorder fonctionne, non pas avec des informations au Format Midi, mais avec des fichiers audio bien spéciaux (Format “pc” comme pianocorder) qui sont l’équivalent audible de ce qu’on entend lorsqu’on téléphone par mégarde à un numéro de Fax…

Un passionné de ces pianocorder a développé un petit programme gratuit qui me permet de charger dans mon petit ordinateur portable (Windows 7 64 bits) des fichiers au Format Midi, de les convertir au Format pc et d’envoyer ces infos audio instantanément au lecteur du pianocorder. Ce programme se nomme WinAmp 3.0D, mais n’a rien à voir avec les autres programmes WinAmp qui ne savent pas gérer le format “pc” pour les pianocorder.

Aujourd’hui, souhaitant pouvoir faire défiler les paroles de karaoké (lorsqu’elles sont présentes sur le fichier Midi) sur un moniteur placé en extension de moniteur de mon ordinateur, je suis parvenu au résultat escompté, tout simplement en utilisant le logiciel de Karaoké “Sweet Midi Player” du site internet Roni, (en même temps que WinAmp 3.0D, sur le même ordinateur). Les 2 programmes cohabitent bien ensemble car j’ai dérivé les sorties Midi OUT de “Sweet Midi Player” afin qu’elles ne parasitent pas l’audio consacré au pianocorder et qui sort par la prise mini-jack audio de l’ordinateur via WinAmp 3.0

Pour cela il me faut mettre mon fichier Midi dans WinAmp 3.0D,… Et le mettre également dans Sweet Midi Player (donc je dois ouvrir 2 fois le même fichier Midi…)

Une des fenêtres de WinAmp 3.0D est dédiée au Pianoroll, c’est à dire que l’on voit défiler les notes de musique comme un rouleau de papier à musique perforé devant une barre de lecture, et j’utilise justement ce repère visuel de première note arrivant sur la barre de lecture pour cliquer sur le bouton “Play” du lecteur de Sweet Midi Player et ainsi avoir les paroles synchronisées au notes du piano. Ainsi, cela fonctionne très bien.

Mais je souhaiterais trouver une astuce pour éviter d’avoir à amorcer moi-même, avec la souris, le départ de “Play” de Sweet Midi Player. Je pense qu’il doit être possible d’utiliser “Bome Midi Translator” installé sur une sortie Midi OUT de WinAmp 3.0D et relié à l’entrée Midi IN de Sweet Midi Player… Une autre hypothèse de travail serait peut-être de concocter un programme qui permettrait d’ouvrir à la lecture un unique fichier Midi avec ces 2 programmes différents en même temps…

En résumé: Soit réaliser un programme déclenchant la lecture simultanée de 2 fichiers Midi identiques dans 2 programmes différents, soit réaliser un programme permettant la lecture d’un unique fichier Midi par 2 programmes différents…

La solution serait peut-être de rendre les 2 fenêtres actives de ces 2 programmes en même temps, mais une fenêtre n’est active que lorsqu’elle est sélectionnée, au détriment de l’autre…

Je suis tout à fait conscient que cette demande un peu farfelue risque d’être une prise de tête ennuyeuse, mais j’aimerais bien trouver une solution. Peut-être l’avez-vous déjà ? Ou bien connaissez-vous quelqu’un ou un forum auprès desquels je pourrais la soumettre ?

Enfin, pour vous faire une idée de la passion qui m’anime, soyez sympa d’aller jeter un oeil aux courtes vidéos de pianola midifié que j’ai déposées sur Youtube, à Gilles Delahaie Pianola Youtube,

par exemple Respect (Aretha Franklin en 1967): Pianola: Respect (Aretha Franklin - 1967) - YouTube[/

Mais aujourd’hui, il s’agit de mon deuxième piano acoustique sur lequel je cale un peu !

Dans l’espoir d’une réponse, même négative. Bien à vous. Gilles.

Hi,

Bome MIDI Translator can send a keystroke or other supported outgoing action to launch your lyric player when receiving the first note. I’m not sure what you would send to tell it to stop and re-arm for the next incoming note.

This is a rather strange request indeed :wink: You can also route MIDI information (but not lyrics) from anything that outputs a MIDI data stream.

You can certainly experiment with a trial copy of Bome MIDI Translator for free to see if you get any results before you decide if you want to purchase.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz