Error installing virtual midi ports

When installing Bome Midi translator pro i get an error as is th e attached sceenshot. When I try to start Midi Translator nothing happens. When uninstalling kind of the same error appears, that the virtual midi ports cannot be uninsalled.

I tried reinstalling (after also uninstalling virtual midi) several times. No change. I also checked to force reinstalling virtual midi. What can I do?

I am on Windows 10.

install 1
install error
uninstall

Hi Niklas and Steve,
although the error message seems to be a problem with the virtual MIDI driver, it is an issue with creating the default virtual port after correctly installing the virtual MIDI driver.

We have identified the root cause and will post a fix very soon. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Florian

PS: I’ve removed your previous discussion in this forum topic in order to avoid misleading others who come here with the same problem.

Thanks, @FlorianBome !

Same problem here after a complete Windows 10 reinstall. No installation problems with previous v1.8.4 b962 release.

Hi,
There is currently a fix for this but it is in Beta, I’ll see if we can send you the beta version or find when the fix will be released.

In the meantime, please use 1.8.4

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Having the same problem with 1.9, but when i un installed it, and reinstalled 1,8 it worked fine , whats going on with the new update? LARRY

I’m told the fix will be released “ASAP” so stay tuned. Thanks for your patience!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

We’ve just released 1.9.0 build 1022 with a fix for this issue.

greets,

i hit the same bug. 1.9.0 build 1022 works. thank you!

summoning @primozz as most recent login < fix announce. good luck.

ray

Awesome, glad to see it is working now.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care