Execute File doesn't seem to pass parameters?

I’m using BMT on Catalina. I’m trying to to use SendMIDI to execute simple text files containing many raw MIDI commands, to load complex mixer “snapshots” in other software. I can run these files with SendMIDI from the commandline with no problems, they work as intended. The executable lives in the folder with the BMT preset. This Terminal command, run from the preset folder, works:

./sendmidi file snapshots/testfile

When I try to get BMT to execute with the same parameters, it is not working. Regardless of what I input in the parameters field, whether or not it is in quotes, when I trigger the translator a Terminal window opens and displays the help file for SendMIDI, it does not open the file. The command BMT seems to run at the top of the Terminal instance is this:

/correct/path/to/sendmidi ; exit;

I don’t see my parameters represented in the Terminal at all. What am I doing wrong?

Hi, I am able to reproduce the issue on my Mac. It appears the File to execute, includes a “; exit” before reading the parameters.

@FlorianBome

Could you look into this? I tested on 1.8.4 build 962. I will need to download the Beta version and see if you fixed it already.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks for the quick response, glad to know I’m not crazy. :slight_smile:

Sorry, I forgot to include software version. I’m also running 1.8.4 build 962, recently downloaded and installed from the Bome website. On macOS 10.15.7

I know it used to work because I did it before. Not sure where the issue lies. You can also try using AppleScript Open command to execute it instead of file execute. You will need to know how to write AppleScript. I think I’ve done this before but it has been a LOOONG time.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz